What's your idea for The Knot?

Update your Tipping cheat sheet!!

Tipping reception Staff and anyone who works your wedding is not optional. It is protocol. This is false info.

When you see this on a contract it is only because catering companies, restaurants, rental companies, florists, planners, etc. do not pay their employees very much money. And they want you to pay the rest for them.

The Knot needs to make it known to people outside of the industry that it is industry protocol to tip all staff. Unless they ruined your day, gratuity is expected. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it needs to be something.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Crystal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate you taking time to send this over. Can you email us at help@theknot.com with the link where you found this reference? I would love to review with our Editorial team and make sure the right information is being displayed.

Thanks!
    Keri

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tipping reception Staff and anyone who works your wedding is not optional. It is protocol. This is false info.

When you see this on a contract it is only because catering companies, restaurants, rental companies, florists, planners, etc. do not pay their employees very much money. And they want you to pay the rest for them.

The Knot needs to make it known to people outside of the industry that it is industry protocol to tip all staff. Unless they ruined your day, gratuity is expected. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it needs to be something.

Feedback and Knowledge Base