What's your idea for The Knot?

Guest List Manager Capabilities (like the old version)

I am attempting to export my guest list for the calligrapher, but it seems to be exporting the list as individuals. In other words, the individuals that should be grouped together as one party, are being separated. If I attempt to sort the list according to the Party Leader's Last name, it doesn't help because a number of parties have the same last name. So even though all the "Smith's" are together, the individuals are scrambled amongst different parties with that last name. I then attempted to sort the "Smith's" according to the Party Leader's First Name, to see if the list would keep a party together, but the individuals were still scrambled. In addition there is no way of exporting lists for different events, i.e. engagement party, bridal shower, wedding guest list, etc. You can only export one list which includes every individual no matter what event they are invited to. The old version of the guest list manager allowed you to export guest lists for each event. It included the Salutation and allowed for parties of individuals to stay together. You could export custom lists for the Calligrapher, Caterer, other vendors, etc. The new version doesn't even come close as none of these capabilities exist. Lastly, If an individual is allowed to bring a guest (+1) to the wedding you cannot "detach" this guest's from other events. If Sally Smith is invited to the Bridal Shower, then her guest will also appear on the list, as you cannot separate the two. I am only sharing these ideas to help in improving the guest list manager so that it may work more efficiently as it did before the switchover took place. Thank you kindly.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kimberly Hainzl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and to list the experiences you have had. In moving to our new technology, some of our functionalities were delayed. We are still looking at updating the Guest List Manager as we move into 2016. I will say those things you aren’t finding right now were not being used by most of the members using the tool, and this is why they were not in the priority list.

It is good to hear you would like more of this to be in the new version and we are listening.

Stay tuned and we will both see how these updates over the next few months land.

Keri

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)