What's your idea for The Knot?

Filter

Your filter recommendations do not seem to be working. When I filter for location or price it gives me more options not less and some offered options do not fit the filter criteria. I.E I filter for affordable pricing on a venue and there are many options for expensive and moderate on there. It's confusing and not helpful.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Can you send us an email with the specifics of what you were filtering and which items you had applied when you filtered? This will help us track down where this is failing for you. Please email us at newtools@theknot.com.

Talk soon,
    Keri

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to search within an hour of your location needs to be an option on all vendor types. The Knot is only showing me DJs in Kansas City but not Columbia. There isn't an option to reduce the radius.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 2 things that need to be fixed:

(1) You need to be more clear about pricing, either tell me what range affordable means, or better yet include ballpark ranges so I can decide if it is worth my time to contact the vendor rather then forcing me to call everyone myself.

(2) Fix your search filters, they are not filtering anything.

I keep selecting the price bracket and selecting apply, but it continues to show me venues in much higher brackets. This is not only frustrating, it is nonsensical. I select a price range for a reason. I am on a budget. I DO NOT want to see a venue that is clearly marked as outside my price range. Not a single item on the search list was in my selected price range. If there is nothing in my price range then tell me that, don't show me more expensive alternatives. If what I am looking for doesn't exist then I need to go back and reassess what I am looking for, not expand my budget.
        Furthermore you should really give general ball park figures. It is inefficient to call every venue to get a ballpark figure, I realize things change depending on additional services, but at least give me a general price range so I can determine whether it is worth my time to look into the venue further.
        Affordable to one person is not affordable for others, if I don't know what you consider affordable and none of the search filters work then your site is literally useless. It is nothing more than one giant, impossible to use list.

• Tre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as a groom, filter is horrible and no matter what I put, it seems like the only ones I see are your recommended venues.

• Meredith Sweet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, it seems like if you select a filter option, the search applies "OR" for the fields. For example, if I want a venue near me (within 50 miles), OR I can find a venue that's affordable. I can't have both.
        That makes no sense to me as a bride searching for vendors, because I want a vendor that meets ALL of my criteria, not just one or some of them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base