What's your idea for The Knot?

Guest Name for +1 (plus 1)

Add an area to RSVP for guests to add the name of their Plus 1 (+1).

188 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CRaff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

This is something our team is working on. We hope to have many new features in our Guest List Manager pushed out before the end of 2016. Including being able to add your guests +1 names when they RSVP.

XOXO,
    Keri

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have there been any updates to this? This seems pretty simple to implement and necessary for place settings...

The Knot needs to give the options to personalize RSVPs in multiple ways. First of all, if I give someone a "plus one," there is no way for me to know who they are when that person RSVPs. On the guest's end, there is no way to name your plus one, so it will just show up as "so-an-so's plus one is attending." That makes it difficult because then the bride has to contact anyone bringing a plus one to find out their name in order to put it on a placecard. This feature is absolutely ESSENTIAL to making online RSVPs work!!!! Otherwise, what's the point? If I had known this before creating my website and sending save-the-dates, I would never have used the Knot.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this feature is still not implemented. Good thing I noticed it was missing before I completely depended on it. There are so many reasons this is essential, I think we'll probably have to use a different website or service to handle our RSVPs.

• Haley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if when I allow someone to bring a plus 1 if they could enter that person's name when they are RSVPing.

• Em commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would like to know if this will be a feature being added before I finalize what site I will be using for RSVPs. Obviously would like to get the plus one's name so I can do a place card for them.

• Rouya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!

Wondering if there's an option to add +1 names yet, and the option to add more than just +1 (ie. +3 or 4 for families with kids who we don't know the proper spelling of their names).

This is a pretty imperative feature!

I FIGURED IT OUT.
        The only way to add people to a household is to, when you're creating the guest list, after you've created the first person in a household, you click "New Guest", and before you save, select the "Select new household" dropdown menu, and select which household you'd like that person to belong to. So, if you've already created a giant guest list, good luck. But if creating it for the first time, this should help smooth things over.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've mentioned that you have "started" this feature and intended to have it "pushed out" before the end of 2016. Is this feature still in the works? There's 13 unanswered comments asking for an update... We'd really appreciate it!

Has this function been completed?! It's absolutely imperative for the RSVP function to be of any worth.

• maryam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to add more than 1 in each family or household!! what if it's + 2 or more?? this option was working last week . Now that i published my website and told everyone about it I cannot have an accurate guest count ..PLEASE FIX IT ASAP PLEASE!! my wedding is in one month!

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? This is the deciding point between using the Knot and another website. It's been a year!

• Anthony Lam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? We would like to invite guest and have the number of guest they bring with them open to as many as they like. If I invite my aunt and she has 3 children, I want her to be able to add +3. Not every wedding is the same and I know a lot of people limit their wedding guest list but I will not be.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-For +1's, there should be a way for guests to enter the +1's name
        -It would be great if in the RSVP function there were a way to add additional questions for the guests (i.e. Do you have any food allergies?)

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Keri,

Do you know if this option to include the name of a guests plus one is available online yet?

Thanks,

Amanda Ouro

• Lily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this expected to be fully implemented? I know I can add them manually myself but it would be nice for it to be linked together with the RSVPs!

I am checking on this also. I have been playing with the feature so that I know how it fully works before expecting my guest to use it. A must is adding the name feature for my guest +1. I do not want to have to track down all the guest I allowed a +1 to get the name for my seating chart. Please update asap!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base