What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP - ability to include party size when someone RSVPs vs individual names

When inviting families, I do not sometimes want to know the individual names (for example kids). I just need to know how many adults and how many kids will be attending - counts only. For large families it becomes quite cumbersome to type out each individuals name (and essentially I don't care..). Is there a way of indicating, under RSVP settings, whether I want a count (adults and kids) vs individual RSVP (the way the site functions currently). Then under guest list manager, I just want to see a column (or couple) for the counts.
This will work great when a guest does not know his or her +1 and just wants to indicate as such.

For those event planners that need to know whos attending, current functionality should suffice.

Thanks!

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    primusdmllo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been invited to a wedding, but my envelope did not say "and guest". When looking at the RSVP on the website, it appears as though I am allowed to add people to my RSVP, but I am not sure that is the intention. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Michelle Sorensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ou need to have a way for people to say who is coming, to say kids are welcome. We need a total count from our RSVPs!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the opposite problem. I want to invite family members individually and do not want to see so and so's party when they are a party of one for every person I've done the address collection feature on (which is a great feature !!)

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it is very cumbersome to add all of the names of all of the children in each family. If each guest could respond with the number of adults and the number of children (like many RSVP cards that are sent in the mail have) would make it a lot easier.

Thanks

• richardsonj15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My parents have asked that I invite families to the wedding where we may not know all of the children who could tag along. It would be nice for guests to have the option of selecting the number of people attending and typing in the names of those people. Many other RSVP sites have this feature, which is why I will have to use them for my RSVPs. I would much rather use theknot for everything, but it just will not work for what I need to do.

• judith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there - checking in on this... wondering if it got put into action yet. There are a LOT of "families" with children on the guest list - would be nice to include party size!

• Becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this get put into action? I do want to see/ control the # of guests that people are RSVPing for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base