What's your idea for The Knot?

Couple stories-Weddings on a Budget

I love reading the stories of couples and seeing their wedding pictures but do you ever have couple stories from couples on a budget? Always lots of pictures of fancy china and elaborately decorated venues...yes, these are the things we dream about. Our wedding budget is $7,000 and will be 30-40 people. It's a pretty indoor park venue, banquet room decorated with linens, chair covers and sashes. Yet we did lots of DIY. Plus I'm 45. It would be nice to see couple stories from lower budget weddings and maybe throw in some stories that are not your traditional 25 yr old couple. :)

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. and Thank you for being a representative for so many other couples. Yes, your story is the same as so many other couples. DIY, everyday budget, older (than the 20 somethings) and still wanting to have a grand celebration. We do hear you and see where you are coming from.

We are definitely making an effort to broaden the scope of our diversity on the site in many ways. The diverse nature of our couples from their race to finances to style and much more. Our Marketing team is taking this seriously and we hope that in the future you will see more stories that talk to a couple – just like you.

I encourage you to submit your photos to our Real Weddings section. This is truly where we get a lot of our content starters – from real couples sharing their real stories. The more we hear from couples like you, the more we know this is who is reading and using our site. You can submit through your photographer at www.twobrightlights.com/theknot.

We wish you all the best and truly hope you send us some photos of your glorious day!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...