What's your idea for The Knot?

LGBT Friendly Vendors - Add icon and filter for Vendor Search

I am not asking for more inclusive same-*** language like the other planned suggestion, I am asking for your vendor pages to have an icon, like a rainbow heart or flag, in the Details section where the prices are mentioned showing that the vendor is LGBT friendly. There should also be a LGBTQA+ friendly filter for any vendor search that automatically brings up vendors that are LGBT friendly.

Thank you.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    olivia4nier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't go to The INN at St John's in Plymouth Michigan, they denied my Brother and his partner from getting married/reception at their establishment

• Kelly L Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important - no one wants to be accosted when they call vendors. Wedding planning should be about enjoying the journey to the wedding, not dreading calling vendors because they might react negatively and harass the grooms or brides. It would also be useful if other brides and grooms, after their wedding, could mark vendors as LGBTQA friendly. The other way to do this would maybe have vendors report it themselves?

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, it'd be great if you could search for gay friendly local vendors! Unfortunately all the vendors on your site are not comfortable to providing services for same *** weddings.

• olivia4nier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not asking for more inclusive same-*** language like the other planned suggestion, I am asking for your vendor pages to have an icon, like a rainbow heart or flag, in the Details section where the prices are mentioned showing that the vendor is LGBT friendly. There should also be a LGBTQA+ friendly filter for any vendor search that automatically brings up vendors that are LGBT friendly.

Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base