What's your idea for The Knot?

Arrange photos in photo albums

I would love to be able to rearrange the photos in a photo album.
When I try to add them in a specific order, they automatically rearrange in a random order, or appear to be organized by orientation (landscape or portrait). It completely mixes up the order I uploaded them in, and I even changed the photo names so that they are in alphabetical order, hoping that would help! But it didn't :(
Please add the ability to rearrange photos in an album!!

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to arrange my photos in order. Can I please get some help? It will not allow me to scroll and move pictures. And the order I think is top to bottom instead of left to right.

• Ravi Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any update to this request? It has been almost 2 years since the request was posted

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still having issues with getting my photos in the right order as well. I've figured out that if you want the slideshow in the correct order, you have to order the photos top to bottom, the order going down, like in a column. However, English speakers read left to right, so if you just look at all the photos on the page, looking left to right they are out of order. Also, when I tried to rearrange the photos, it doesn't allow the 'spaces' that you can move the photos into have limitations, also leaving the photos in a weird arrangement and order. When you're programming/arranging photos, it should generally look like what the webpage will look like and there are definitely some unfortunate limitations

• Rebekah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no problem dragging and dropping photos where I want them (not on a mobile device though). My problem is that some of the pictures don't stay where I put them (so I have had to move them several times, occasionally they finally stick) and then when I look up our website as a guest (not logged in), many of the photos are not in the same order I put them in. I have also spent HOURS trying to put these photos in a correct order. This seems like a basic feature of such a wedding website. Otherwise, it has been an awesome website. But for the difficulty of the photos, I will certainly not be recommending this website to anyone I know.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! My engagement photos are way out of order and it’s super frustrating. Please make it possible to arrange photos in order! :)

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, This remains an issue. I'd like to arrange photos so that they show a progression through our relationship, but sadly no dice even when renaming the photos with just numbers. Please add the option to arrange them in order on the website!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are still having this problem too. My proposal photos look like i took a knee 3 times. LOL sarcastically... <sigh>

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey "The Knot," why has this NEVER been addressed? Obviously, everyone is having problems in trying to arrange photos in a desired manner and you do not seem to want to allow for users to have any ability to arrange photos. Why is this so dang hard?!?!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having problems with rearranging the photos in the order that I want. Now I am able to drag it around but don't stay in the order that I want it to stay at. Please add the flexibility for users to organize their photos!

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like my photos to show up in a specific order! I have spent HOURS arranging and re-arranging my beautiful professional photos only for them to show up completely out of order on the website. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! This was taken into consideration in 2016 yet I am still having this issue in 2018.

• Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? As I am struggling with the exact same thing! Please make a change, the order of the photos generally tell a story and it's the difficult now with it throwing out the order.
        You have an amazing website. The only thing to fault is the photos. The gallery options should be a standard option. Why is this being overlooked for so long with so many complaints?

• Kym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to rotate some of the photos that I have uploaded, can that be done?

• Kelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep trying to upload the pictures to go along with my proposal story and I cant get them to go in the order everything happened!! It's crucial to the story.

• itstarale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and tried the same to get my photos in order.

It makes sense to post photos in chronological order of the relationship.
        Staying in order by upload or being able to drag + drop photos?
        I'm surprised it's been overlooked.

PLEASE KNOT...work your magic ✨ THANKS!

Feedback and Knowledge Base