What's your idea for The Knot?

New budgeter is confusing and misleading

I cannot stand the new budgeter page where they have now "married" your checklist, to-do and budgeting.
I can no longer see all the allocated expense items on one page, but instead have to click on each item individually to enter 1) what I have spent and 2) what is allocated.
I am VERY concerned that this update is going to cause me to make mistakes/overspend in the wrong places... and the confusion alone I am dealing with right now is adding to my stress.
PLEASE when you do something like this, leave an option for members to revert to the old page that they are used to!! (nothing against people who like it being able to use it)... I cannot imagine that I am the only Bride feeling this way

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hannah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

We really appreciate all of you reaching out to share your feedback over the new Checklist/Budgeter merged feature. We know that all change brings, well, change. And we are definitely listening to your experiences and suggestions as we move forward. The Product Design team is reviewing all incoming feedback and they are planning the 2017 upgrades and improvements with your desires in mind. We might not be able to go back and give you back the old tool or some of the older features, but we really hope that we we all move forward together you will find this new budgeter, in with the checklist, will work very well for your event.

Please do keep us posted on any other feedback – good and constructive – that you have. We always want to know what our members think about the products we offer on our site.

XOXO,
    Keri

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Caitlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. It's not disliking change for the sake of change, it's that this new version has quite literally no rhyme or reason. If you had BOTH tools, one where while you were doing the check list you could write in your amounts AND the old tool that itemized each item and totaled everything for you while also giving you the estimated spend, that would work a MILLION times better. That's really disappointing that people are giving you feedback and you're basically just saying, yeah well we like it like this better. We're the customer. You're not even using the website. This is one of the biggest expenses of our lives and you're being pretty cavalier about it.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Hannah 100%. Sorry to be harsh but your "budgeter" update is awful. It messed up everything we had saved, makes it more difficult to edit items, and worst of all I don't have the confidence that I can get a correct total budget (estimated items + confirmed items). It isn't even consistent across the app and browser platform with the same account, we have a $1465 difference... um. what?

I don't know what your product team was going for here, but budgets and check lists - humans kinda figured those out 1000s of years ago. Not a good opportunity to reinvent the wheel. I'm picturing a product manager thinking way too far out of the box here.

If I sound frustrated, it's because we already spent good number of hours on this over the past months and now we have reverted to converting everything into an excel spreadsheet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I was about to post something similar when I saw this post. I do not care for having to click on each line item to view and its so hard to see everything at once. There are more spending mistakes likely to be made.:-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it used to be awesome...gave me a general idea of what i should be spending and kept me on track...i never saved the dollar amounts thinking that this tool will be available. Now it only helps me keep track of what I've already spent. I can do that on word. Will be switching to WeddingWire full time.

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH MY GOD I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU! I just send an email to customer service. You can only see one item at a time, after clicking on it!! I cant see what amounts are allocated per item, and this new thing is going to make me over spend or miss something

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Budgeter is horrible. I can't even see what I've spent in an easily readable form anymore. I've had to find a spreadsheet to download to do what I was doing on The Knot. If you feel like you still need to have the new Budgeter, please at least have an option to click and view it the old way as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base