What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP

I was wondering if there was a way to customize the secure RSVP invites. I am using the Guest List Manager so that only people with invites can RSVP. However, it the guest enters their name differently than I did (for example if the guest types "Matt" vs "Matthew") the invite does not pop up. One way of resolving this may be to have the option to put in a nickname for the guest, so they can enter with either "Matt" or "Matthew." Is this feasible currently?

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find your website very difficult to manage. I have been unable to access the registry entries for the Anna Luger-Matthew Schmitt wedding after several attempts. Can you help?

• Kym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having a problem when my guest go to RSVP, the site tells them to contact me. They cannot add their guest, why tell my guest to RSVP online when it does not work.

We need guest in a secured RSVP to be able to add their children.
        I am fielding questions, "how do I make sure my kids are accounted for?"
        we don't know every guest's child so they need to be able to change their guest count...

• necountryboy90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 months ago! This was addressed 4 months ago and you still have not done anything about this! What are you doing? Seriously. Do you just post "thank you for the great idea" on everybody's feedback and then say F that as soon as they are done. I am not a compute wiz but this seems like it should be fairly simple. My compute can do a word search with any document or window i have open on my screen. Google can find matches anywhere on the web but you cant find a single name in my guest list!

Or to have them enter their e-mail address and have everyone in their party listed through that? It would also be nice to be able to customize the "notes" area (i.e. to ask guests to request songs they wanna hear at the wedding etc). Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base