Ability to embed: videos, music, analytics and PDF's

1,546 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

246 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kendrea Grove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a way to add an embedded music or media player so that music is played whenever guests visit our site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow couples to upload a PDF that way we can include more personal information for our guests, rather than having the generic categories.

I'd like to have an interactive google map with the location of the venue, and maybe directions from the airport. I tried google map's embed code in the transportation and travel section of my knot website but it didn't work.

• Michaela Galvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if, on the RSVP options along w/ selecting a meal choice, guests could enter a song request to play at the reception!!!

It would be cool if there could be a place to store music we want played. This way we can have a list prepared to give to djs

Several free or low cost tools that are easy to integrate into the current website structure exist. It would be nice to see the activity to see if the website is being used. That's all :)

• Bride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the admin: No. You're not trying to improve. You've had over 200 comments from people who cared enough to register as a commenter and they're asking you for this service. this doesn't include the many that would have used it otherwise. what a shame. It shows that you don't care.

• Abbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to add background music to their personalized wedding website. Provide some free music of The Knot's choice and allow user to upload their own.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please include a specific text box to collect song requests and food restrictions when RSVPing. Thanks!

They do allow you to embed videos, but I only tried pasting a youtube link and when I refreshed it appeared on the website.

I second this request! I was hoping to find this feature. I hope it is implemented sooner rather than later!

Allow guests to include a song request when RSVPing. The website "zola" allows this and I am considering switching over for this feature.

• Deanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are the plans to add a feature to allow attaching a PDF (or any other file format, for that matter) to the wedding website? We are working with a travel agent for our destination wedding and have a PDF document with the details for booking travel. We'd like to add that attachment to our theknot website so that guests have a second place to reference the information. We'd love to be able to use our wedding website through theknow as the main source of information sharing with our guests, but without this feature, we're forced to used another service. We want to have all of the information in one place to make it as easy as possible for our guests.

• DeMyra Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to flame this site. My fiance suggested wedding wire and to be honest I really liked the app that they had but the knots review stated that it was better than wwire. Then today as we are posting our Save The Date vid I hit a wall and was ready to start over. You in fact can EMBED video. the knot needs to do a better job of explaining that upfront!

• katied89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So incredibly bummed this hasn't been fixed yet! We have an amazing video of our engagement I want to include :( Does Zola allow for it? I hate to start all over, but I want our guests to be able to see it.

• Julien Denny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish we could add videos to the wedding website...my fiance made a cute slideshow out of pictures leading up to our proposal. Why has this not been figured out in 2 years....

• Mark Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not an idea. Just frustrated with the complete lack of user ability to add the simplest of items, such as a map. Wish I'd never started.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2019, has this been implemented? Were so invested already i wish we knew this wasnt a basic capability. Would have gone with another solution.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base