What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP

Add a way to add a +1's name somewhere in the RSVP box. It populates as "Name's +1" but how are we supposed to know who they are bringing for the table cards? Or let us be able to edit the "Notes" section so we can remind them to add their guest's name.

258 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lab316 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bailey Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or just have an option to remove having to put in all the guests manually. I will only be giving out this link to invited guests.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the RSVP privacy feature that allows only people on the guest list to RSVP. But I have a problem with some of my guests finding their invitation. Some problems have occurred due to improper spelling of their name in the guest list or missing punctuation such as a comma in a name like O'Brien. Is there any way you can improve the system so that the guests are able to have suggestions on their invitation when they submit? For example, if a guest types Jason O'Brien and it is listed as Jason OBrien in the guest list, can you allow the website to make the suggestion "Is this your invitation?" or something like that? That would clear up a lot of confusion and frustration.

• vlfleischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've had multiple guests struggle to RSVP for our wedding through the RSVP tool you have provided. This is a very important function on the site and has been problematic and embarrassing for us as we have to communicate to guests that they are in fact invited to the wedding.

If the RSVP function only required email and that asked to verify that the name was you, that would be better. Or some other function that didn't require three fields to be entered a certain way. I've had guests write exactly what I had written for them and it still hasn't worked, so this is clearly a big issue on your site.

Any updates on this feature?
        this will be a treamendous help so guest can put in the names of their +1's.

• alison.k.schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

The RSVP is VERY poorly designed on your website. Unless my guests type in their names exactly (i.e. Samantha instead of Sam), it creates a whole new entry for that person. This way, when I go look at my RSVP list, I saw 20 extra people were attending my wedding! I have to manually go in and change all those RSVPs, deleting the newly created ones and accepting and selecting a meal for the one I had originally created. This is incredibly frustrating, as the entire point of using your website to RSVP was to save time and effort, and it has backfired. It would be much better to have the guest type in their name as is already done, and then have them select from a list of possible attendees to ensure their name matches what I have already taken a lot of time to do.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a guest RSVP's on our website it should be mandatory for them to fill out a first and last name. They should also have to select how many guests are coming with. If they select 3 guests coming then they should have to fill out the first and last names of 3 guests in order to submit the RSVP. I had two people RSVP with just their last name. I didn't know how many were coming with them. Luckily i didn't have anyone else invited with the same last name but if it had been someone who I had multiple people with the same last name it would have been a disaster trying to figure out who it was.

Often guests cannot retrieve their wedding invitation because of name spelling variations (Bill vs William vs "Bill & Laura"). Guests ought to be able to look up their invitation by email address only OR by partial name entries. This is going to create a headache the way it works now by requiring First Name, Last Name and Email address to all be perfect matches.

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to combine couples into one invite. I initially combined the first names, and now no one can pull their invitation information because the first name isnt matching exactly what the is on the guest list. The RSVP should pull up some options that are close matches, and ask them to select which invitation is theirs!

• Jayme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to add elements to the form to get more information from guests. Mainly, I'd like to ask guests to list a song request. This is becoming a major trend for brides who send mail-in RSVPs, but right now, I can't incorporate this with the online RSVPs.

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates, Meuy? I'd love to have this feature for my wedding this summer!

It is not obvious that there are 3 boxes - first and last names, and email. A darker box outline would make it clearer. I put my name in multiple times with the most common spelling errors before I noticed.

Also there should be a way to do one entry for a couple

• Leonora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to configure the RSVP on the wedding website to collect important guest information including: 1.) Meal & drink preference 2.) Lodging locations (so we can track transportation for the reception) 3.) Events they are attending 4.) Whether they are bringing their children & ages of the children

• Nayla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi -- curious if this has been added yet? Agree that it would be quite helpful

Especially to request song recommendations

This would be really helpful. It's nice that we can control who receives the RSVP but I can't tell them where they're going and at what time since I don't want everyone to see it. I hope this is updated really soon.

• Alexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful - especially for dietary restrictions PLUS being able to enter in a song or two someone would like to hear. The wya the RSVP section is currently set up is pretty disappointing.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base