What's your idea for The Knot?

Changing name of +1 for guests

It would be great if the creator of the guest list can select a plus one option for the guests they are adding to their guest list, and then when what that said guest goes to RSVP, they have the option to add the name of their plus 1 (instead of the creator of the guest list having to change it later).

310 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

59 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TaNesha Messner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, here is the best work around I can come up with.... Have their "plus one" be listed as "Guest" for the first name, and for the last name write: "(Please include first & last name in message section)" - this way, it will say something like:

John Anderson
    Guest (Please include first & last name in message section)

As long as you have the message section opened, it will be their next screen, and then they will hopefully tell you who their guest is!

• Danyel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a "fix", but for sure a work-around. Hopefully I can explain this clearly for everyone to help ease some of the pain!

If you choose the "Public" RSVP option in the website settings, anyone who can visit your wedding website are able to RSVP and enter a name for a guest. This is likely what I will do since my wedding website is password protected and only my actual wedding guests will have the password to view/access my wedding website.

The tricky thing is, that in order for guests to be able to enter a +1's name, you either cannot have a guest list loaded into The Knot website, or remove/leave off all guests who you are allowing to bring a plus one, but don't know their name. That way, when an invitee goes to the website to enter their name to RSVP, they will be allowed to add a guest and include their name, make their meal selection, etc. Once the invitee RSVPs with their guest name, they will automatically be added to your guest list on the back-end so you will have this information for your seating chart and name cards. If you have your invitee's name already loaded into the guest list, they WILL NOT be able to enter/edit/add a name for their plus one.

I know this is not ideal, but is the best way I have found to eliminate more work for myself by having to reach out to all of my guests who are bringing a +1 that I don't know. I hope this makes sense and will help some of you!

• Lexi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that you haven't fixed this yet. Come on - where is your R&D?!

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked that this is still an issue. I also recently searched to see whether or not a place for food allergies had been added to the rsvp section, only to see that that too has yet to be resolved.
    It's disappointing that so many quick fixes are going untouched. I always thought The Knot to be a leader in its field, but honestly, having now used it myself, I can't say that I'll recommend friends and family do the same.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During the RSVP process, it would be so awesome if guests were able edit the "XYZ Plus-One" and type in the name of their plus-one instead. That way the bride and groom would know the names of everyone attending their wedding so they can make name cards, seating chart, etc.

• Catherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an option whereby guests can update the name of their plus one when they RSVP. My partner works in tech and programming and can do it if no one the theKnot has that expertise.

• Lisa Fillingame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This existed a few months ago when I decided to do online RSVPs. Now it is no longer available, which is quite frustrating. Definitely will not recommend The Knot to other brides for this reason.

• Kethy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Initial post dated 2017. we're now April 1st 2019 and nothing has been done in 2 years??
    That is bizarre, to not say disappointing... Had I known, I would have found a better guest list managing website.
    :-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Meuy... how does The Knot not have this figured out by now. This is absurd. It is such a critical feature and definitely makes it a poor experience for couples. I regret hosting my wedding website through The Knot.

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish the guest RSPVing had the option to change the name of their plus one, instead of the vague "John's Plus One". Is the bride then supposed to reach out to everyone with plus ones to find out their name for the seating chart? TACKY!

• Katelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this?? Seems like it should be prioritized based on the amount of comments.

• Ellen Veire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have many guests that we are allowing a plus one for. When they go in through the knot to RSVP, we would love for a field to populate that asks what the name of their plus one is. Instead,every time we get an RSVP with a plus one I need to text the wedding guest and ask who they are bringing which is tacky and inefficient.

• Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an absolute disgrace that you have not resolved this issue. You should be embarrassed.

• Emily Botelho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! My guest count is off because I am unable to add plus ones, but if my guest adds a plus one i would need to know their name for the seating chart.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base