What's your idea for The Knot?

Why can't I add my own custom to-do items to the checklist?

It would be very helpful to be able to type in my own unique tasks to add to the checklist rather than choosing from your predetermined items.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rachel Bellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Knot Professionals!

I love a good checklist. Your organizer area is super helpful in maintaining my sanity during the wedding planning process. As great as it is however, it would be so much better if there was a way to add something to your checklist that the knot does not already have as an option. For instance: We are doing a taco bar at our wedding and have to provide the tortilla chips ourselves. It would be lovely if I could put "buy tortilla chips" (or whatever other totally random, unique wedding-related line item) onto the checklist under a certain date. Then it wouldn't be taking up space in the back corner of my mind, keeping me up at night, hoping to not forget anything. Please consider adapting your program to accommodate more customization in the future. I now that type-A brides the world over will thank you!!

Rachel Bellis

• Carly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be AMAZING if when you went to an item that is next on your check list, not only do you see the details, but based on your vision board, budget and current bridal trends it showed pictures of what other brides are doing to give you ideas and check that item off your list!

• Shan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have kept the app if I could customize the checklist more, as in, add my own to-do's and not just select from the preset ones.

• V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to add custom tasks to the checklist. Only provides an option to add from pre-defined list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I'm planning the rehearsal dinner as well and it would be great to add checklist items like a second caterer, DJ, rental items, etc. specifically for the rehearsal dinner.

I know there are several resources out there to use for calendars, scheduling, notes, budgeting tools, etc. But maybe you could figure out a plan with google so that a bride could link her calendar along with her wedding party or bridesmaids and set appointments and planning dates. Also, maybe modify the checklist to include notes or subcategories so a bride could budget items purchased by different people. I personally have budget and my parents have their budget and the grooms parents have their contribution. It would be nice to be able to compartmentalize the checklist a little more or be able to add notes to a certain item about maybe who contributed what and how much. Just ideas....easier said than done. And maybe someone out there knows a way of utilizing the knot for these things?!

• Jennifer Burkhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to add different vendors to my list that are not listed. Why can't I add a new line item for another vendor that is not on the list. I have two photographers and I also have two hotels I am reserving room blocks for but it only allows me to enter in one.

• Molly Kutner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great & super convenient if we could customize the checklist to add our own specific items such as "contact after-party vendor on May 2nd- he can be reached at X", that way we can have ALL of our info in one place rather than having to search for the name of the company, his phone number, etc...

Hi! Echoing other comments about custom/allowing people to add their own unique items onto the checklist, not just add/sub existing options

Feedback and Knowledge Base