What's your idea for The Knot?

Why can't I add my own custom to-do items to the checklist?

It would be very helpful to be able to type in my own unique tasks to add to the checklist rather than choosing from your predetermined items.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amber Finn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - Yes please! Looks like Wedding Wire's to do list does have this ability...
        Currently on The Knot's checklist,I see "buy my dress," but none of the lead up options like "begin dress shopping" "narrow down choices" etc. which I appreciated about The Knot's to do list for other decisions like venue.

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the option for users to input custom, "write in your own" items on the checklist so we can use your checklist exclusively.

• ryanandjaedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree with this! There are some things I want to add that yo don't have. For example you have one for "schedule engagement photos" but not one for actually taking them, or the prep work for the engagement photos ie. getting hair/nails done. Choosing an outfit etc.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree with this more! It would be amazing to be able to add custom line items in the checklist. As an example there are already several line items that say "Make a list of reception items" or "Make a list of gifts", etc. but then there is nowhere to actually make that list and check it off within the same tool? Please add this feature!!!

• Marla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to list my hair stylist and my makeup artist in separate vendor tabs. Right now I have both names squished into one text box and I can only put contact info for one.

• Gina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! I'm having my wedding at home and a lot of the checklist is obsolete because of this. Additionally, we have many things to do that aren't on the checklist because of this for example landscaping. Would really love to add my own items to the checklist. It seems like a really simple thing that any checklist feature should have.

• Keira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the checklist is populated, it would be awesome to have an option to choose an all-inclusive wedding or ala carte and then have the checklist broken down that way. My fiance and I have chosen an all-inclusive wedding and reception space which has everything from the wait staff to the catering all the way down to the photographer, officiant and more. So when adding for the budget and checking off the checklist, it gets a little confusing since many of the things listed are part of my ceremony and reception space as opposed to ala carte.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for there to be an option or a box to check if someone bought something for you. For instance, My Aunt bought my wedding dress, but there is no way to fix that on the budgeter.

• MAM77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE allow custom to-do items to the checklist! I have a list of items for my church wedding that are not included in any of the optional items, requiring me to keep a separate checklist.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "Select an MC" and "Write Vows" to your wedding checklist, it is part of the wedding process :) Thank you!

• KG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our Wedding Vendor Manager (when accessed through a desktop computer), there is no way to delete an unnecessary slot from the "Needed" list. (i.e. We neither have nor need a 'Wedding Travel Agent,' but there is no way to remove this position from our Needed list.

• KG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our Wedding Vendor Manager (when accessed through a desktop computer), there is no way to delete an unnecessary slot from the "Needed" list. (i.e. We neither have nor need a 'Wedding Travel Agent,' but there is no way to remove this position from our Needed list.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just eloped in Italy but are planning to celebrate with friends and family at a reception in a few weeks! My idea for The Knot is to add elopement options specifically to the checklists, dashboard and websites. There are many people who still do traditional wedding planning but there seems to be a growing number of brides, like myself, who want to do things their own way. I found that as I planned and researched elopements, there was very little information, product or ideas out there. As the obvious leader in the wedding planning world, I think you could really expand your market by putting a focus on elopements.

• Jacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have people opt into religious traditions in the Wedding Checklist section if applicable? It would be helpful to add in details such as "sign up for marriage prep classes" (Catholic) or "Identify strong people to lift you for the Hora" (Jewish)

Similarly, an opt-in for at-home weddings with items such as "Order porta-potties" or "Order linens, order dishware", etc

• Jacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have people opt into religious traditions in the Wedding Checklist section if applicable? It would be helpful to add in details such as "sign up for marriage prep classes" (Catholic) or "Identify strong people to lift you for the Hora" (Jewish)

Similarly, an opt-in for at-home weddings with items such as "Order porta-potties" or "Order linens, order dishware", etc

• Regina Seraphin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SECOND TIME POSTING!!!

I was thinking that with the budgeter tool you should be able to add Custom items in since some things aren't listed or maybe special to one person.

Also I would feel it helpful to be able to add sub items under one particular item. For example, say if I were in "Bridesmaids Gift" I should be able to add individual item expenses that will add up to the overall expense. I say this because I find it confusing trying to keep track of what I've already added and what I haven't or if I've ordered something or not that I needed to.

SECOND TIME POSTING!!!

I was thinking that with the budgeter tool you should be able to add Custom items in since some things aren't listed or maybe special to one person.

Also I would feel it helpful to be able to add sub items under one particular item. For example, say if I were in "Bridesmaids Gift" I should be able to add individual item expenses that will add up to the overall expense. I say this because I find it confusing trying to keep track of what I've already added and what I haven't or if I've ordered something or not that I needed to.

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to add items to my checklist. There are things I need to do that aren't included in The Knot checklist, so I have resorted to having the Weddingwire app on my phone as well, so I can add items of my own.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base