What's your idea for The Knot?

Budgeter should recalculate when line items are archived

"I am skipping a lot of traditional wedding expenses, so when I delete items off the list in the Budgeter, I wish it would update the recommended amounts under the remaining budget items. For example, I am not having a wedding planner, and if I delete this item or enter "$0.00", I wish the tool would automatically allocate the recommended amount for a planner to other items on the list."
This was posted by Allie in February of this year and the responding comment said it was a known issue that should be fixed by mid-2017. It was marked as completed and I cannot vote on it, but the issue still stands so I am reposting it.
Of my 5k budget, the budgeter only suggests how to allocate 3k of it after I had trimmed down known $0 line items. The biggest of this, aside from Allie's mentioned wedding planner line item, is the separation of reception and ceremony venue. It's becoming increasingly common for one to have their wedding ceremony and reception in the same venue and if the budgeter can't account for that, that's a large chunk of change that's vanished into the ether.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hello,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for this reply. I apologize for the delay in response to your email.

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

We would love to get more feedback and ideas. Please submit your forum here:  https://help.theknot.com/forums/263843-theknot-com-ideas-

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...