What's your idea for The Knot?

Personal Reminder Emails

Hi,

Just a suggestion – as things move more and more toward technology, it's important that we do not forget the older generation. As a young person, I want to use technology and I feel that if you can sign onto FB, then you can sign onto The Knot. However, many people are used to paper invites with all the information. If The Knot and other wedding websites are pushing for paperless invites and more use of their site, there needs to be flexibility when it comes to communicating with guests. I know The Knot sends out reminder emails, but it doesn't tell the bride and groom when that happens. Also, many older people (40-70+) need more reminders then just two emails sent out. I think this is vital to the success of more and more brides using your site.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Amanda Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I am definitely with you on this one. We want to make sure each couple has the ability to message their guests as often as they need, knowing that some guests will need more and others less reminders along the way.

When you are in the admin page for your wedding website you are given the opportunity to send an email to your guests. You can enter their email address and send out any note you choose. You can pick one or all of the email addresses you have in your guest list, and this way you can control how often each guest gets a message from you and the details they need for your event.

It sounds like we need to make this feature more visible and maybe a bit more intuitive – so thank you for calling this out. I will be sure to let the Product Team know we need to look at this with a fresh perspective.

xoxo,
    Keri

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service