What's your idea for The Knot?

Additional post-wedding checklist items

I used the checklist while planning my wedding and it was a helpful resource during the planning process. However, I found the post-wedding checklist items to be incredibly lacking. There was plenty of information about changing your name (which I didn't do!) and the other items (preserving your wedding gown, reviewing vendors) are fine suggestions but not really necessary. The checklist fails to mention important things like health insurance -- most health plans only give you 30 days from your wedding date to add a spouse. More practical options would be appreciated!

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aurora shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Whitney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first created my Knot account, my partner and I didn't have a date set, so I used a place holder date (September 2019). When we found a venue, we booked for a much later date (May 2020). When I adjusted the wedding date in the Knot checklist, none of my due dates changed. For example, it suggests I schedule wedding dress fittings in June 2019, almos ta year from my wedding date. Everything is just way too far ahead of where we should be with our later date.
    I would suggest that when couples' wedding dates are changed, all the due dates for items on the check list be pushed back or forward to fit the new timetable. Or provide couples with an option to reset the check list to show nothing checked off,e tc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base