What's your idea for The Knot?

Don't send out specials for booking a wedding at Trump winery

It's incredibly offensive to send out email offers for booking a wedding at Trump winery. You'll be alienating alot of users, including myself.

I don't want to know about weddings at Trump winery and I would never consider booking any event there. Many people who live in the Charlottesville area feel the same way.

Save yourself from losing users by not sending updates about them. You could even remove them as a vendor. No one wants this.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To find a place of business offensive is fine, Don't go there. But to actively try to prevent a business from operating for no other reason than you dislike the name or owners is inappropriate. What you find offensive others do not. I find it offensive to ask a business to drop paying customers (in this case a specific vendor who may or may not pay for advertising with this site). Why put the employees and owners of a business in the position of choosing between paying customers and customers who are getting a free service? Everyone is not going to approve of every vendor or suggestion, but that doesn't give us the right to tell them how to operate their business.
        Thank you and hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base