What's your idea for The Knot?

Add ability to make custom categories to Guest List Manager

I would love to be able to make categories for my guests for organizing different groups and to make seating easier later (things like Bridal Party, Bride's Family, Bride's Friends, Groom's Family/Friends, Coworkers, etc--customizable would be great!)

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I opted not to use the internal guest list. Many of my guests have large households with several children and I didn't have time to enter each one individually.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the guest list, when there are more than 10 people in the same household, only the first person will show up when they try to RSVP. This happens for ALL households, not just the one with over 10 people. Dropping the number back down to 10 fixes the issue.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the phone number field on a guest is only looking for numbers, when I copy a phone number that has extra characters (such as parentheses or dashes) and paste it in the field, it cuts off the last several numbers of the phone number. For example, if I copy "‭+1 (410) 533-5253" from my address book, it pastes as "‭141-053" and when I copy "(410) 533-5253", it pastes as "410-533-52". It's really quite annoying to have to manually type in the last few numbers. Thanks

• Meagan Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of adding individual names to each household, create a button where you can select how many people are in that household. Save the time and energy required to input individual guests.

• Kayla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I would like to be able to put my guest into a few different categories. I have more people on my list than I can have attend, I need to send out my invitations in stages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base