What's your idea for The Knot?

Household management

Making the guest list manager import change has absolutely made the feature useless. It is a MASSIVE exercise in repetitive stress injury (Google it) having to manually go into each contact and add their head of household. You use to be able to do it in the import feature and the new Excel webpage does not allow you to do it (why?). Yet the export (in Excel format) has the data in it. Massively inconsistent.

Add back the feature to allow "advanced" users to use a CSV file to import their guest list manager. It really is not rocket science.

I started my guest list about a week ago and finished it today and found out all of the work I did assigning head of households is now USELESS. Cannot believe this feature was removed.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris W. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really am sorry for this extra stress and inconvenience. Our Guest List Team does know this is a gap in our features offered and we are working on getting a fresh look at the Guest List and the import process just after the first of the year. I am happy to help you get these assigned if you want to send me your list – again, I do understand this is a major inconvenience.

Thank you for taking time to send your feedback. It will help as we press forward to making this part of our experience even better.

xoxo,
    Keri

keri@theknot.com

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bmholloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an extremely frustrating change that the knot has made in their guest list format. I filled out my guest list in the old excel format that was given and all of that work was for nothing. Keri said this would be looked at after the first of the year and it is March... please fix this.

• Danielle O'Dorisio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue and I put in all that work using the previous excel file for it to be USELESS. Very unhappy and frustrated as my invitations were sent out today and I will have people RSVPing soon! The previous statement from Keri says 'first of the year' for a fresh update. Still waiting...

• Janie Cardin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm at the beggining of the process.. And I can't add an household?! Only one available is mine.. Anyone can help me out here?!

• Narges Tabari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very frustrating! I have downloaded your spreadsheet and filled it out, now I cannot import it with the same format!!!! I cannot add the household, it's very frustrating.... now I have to do it one by one, and it would take SO MUCH TIME. I wish there was a way :-(

• Chris W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Keri,

I have emailed you directly at the address you provided to send you the list. Please respond.

Feedback and Knowledge Base