What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP - Adding Multiple Options for the Meal Choice

Currently, our RSVP system is set up to allow you to capture a single meal choice from your guests. You can create any named meal you choose and we always suggest you just list the protein option to minimize the selection and keep it simple for your guests.

However, some of our couples are looking for a way for their guests to choose multiple options. Maybe you need them to select their starter, their main dish and then a dessert option. We know having this flexibility is important and we hope that in the future we can offer this on our sites. It is just not something we can add on the fly and we are not seeing it on the Product Development road map for the first part of this year.

Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. If you need assistance in sending your guests an email through your wedding website, to ask for these selections, we are happy to help you look at the 'Email Link' format you find in your desktop.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lidian17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: There needs to be a different RSVP section for meal selections where it allows guests to read the description of the meal so they can then choose what they want.

This should also provide flexibility and not be tied to RSVP of attendance. If the website is created fairly early guests might start RSVP'ing. We need a way for guests who have already RSVP'd to choose their meals without questioning why they need to rsvp a second time to choose their meals.

That to me is embarrassing to have to request guests to RSVP a second time.

• Nyemike Okonkwo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The RSVP feature should include a way for guests to designate their entree choice. The feature would alleviate complications at the reception and make catering and service smoother. The bride/groom/wedding planner can add entree choice to guest name cards for the tables beforehand.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to figure out how to allow my guests to select a meal option when they RSVP. Can you help me navigate through this?? Thanks!

• Natalie Krs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to send an email to your guests once they RSVP and input their email address? Somehow the meal choice did not end up on our RSVP section so after everyone has RSVP'd I now realize I still need them to pick their meal...this could be bad, HELP! :)

I did what Amy (April 10th, 2018) said to do - Go to "Guest List" then click on "View Full Summary" and that brings up a list of options and the bottom one is to add Menu choices. And it worked and I checked it using the rsvp option on our wedding website and the menu options indeed showed up there.

• Laura Francesca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any progress with this feature or any update at least? if not I will need to delete my almost completed website. which is disappointing and a waste of time

Whenever I update my meal option and attempt to edit meal options as a guest. I am unable to click the drop down menu.

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I add the meal choices in the RSVP section? I can't find how to add options

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Found a solution! It's definitely not intuitive...When you go to the event ("Wedding"), then "Guest List", click "View Full Summary" and then it will let you edit the ceremony location, reception, and EVENTUALLY menu when you scroll down far enough. Hope this helps!

• Elana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also can't figure out how to add the meal selection. Anyone find a solution to that?

• Joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keri,

How do I add the meal selection on the website for my guest? I can't seem to find it in the mangement page for your website

• Jenika Dickens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If couples choose to have a seated 3 or 4 course dinner it is impossible for them to currently receive guests meal options. The biggest reason brides start a website is to receive rsvp's, meal options and give guests information. This is a pretty important feature! I'm really shocked it hasn't already been incorporated.

• Jenika Dickens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this be available by may 2018? Sadly I will have to delete my nearly completed wedding website and start again if I can not allow guest to choose options from 4 different courses. This is the main reason I wished to have a website. my fingers are crossed that this option comes soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base