What's your idea for The Knot?

Send digital invitations directly from the Knot

HI, I want to be able to send e- invites directly from the knot. Sure my parents and grandparents might like a physical invite but lets be real, my friends are all going to throw them away. I'd rather be able to send digital invites but don't want to go to ANOTHER third party website to send the invites and then direct them here to RSVP. especially since most of them have their own RSVP feature.

Thanks,

106 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marcela shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear The Knot,
    As a manager of a business, I get pushing the paper invite business to keep it alive and keep your vendors happy. However, it is 2019, and as someone with a global family, the electronic invites are needed for both convenience and to make sure our families have invites in time to apply for tourist visas to the US. I hope you add this feature to keep yourselves relevant, as I have enjoyed the other features of the site; however, we will need to move our site elsewhere in order to provide the best experience for our guests.
    Thank you,
    JD

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Terrible.
    Unbelievable. I am going to find a work around somehow because I've spent all this time now --- but what the heck ?? This seems like the most basic function - I can't believe this doesn't work - I will never recommend this site to anyone, in fact the opposite - unless this feature becomes available.

• Pissed OFF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I would have read this post. I have spent HOURS creating my website and adding the guest list. I JUST realized I cannot send invites directly from The Knot. This is so stupid. I regret this so much!!! What a waste of my time. Use ANOTHER WEDDING SITE, PEOPLE!!!

• Ilane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On your wedding website preview page, there is a share button. It opens up an email page with the option to import from your guest list. I do agree that this is a very bad user experience, since I expected the "send invite" option on the same page as the guest list page.

• Yun Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up to use the knot because they advertise it everywhere. I saw their guest lists can input guests contact information. So I spent so much time entering our guests cellphone and email because I thought I can communicate with our guest that way directly from our wedding website. But, I regret it so much after I entered all that guest contact info. NO! They can't do e-invitation at all! I got so mad. Today my friend told me she used thejoy.com in 2017 for their website. thejoy has free online save the date, invitation, and the coolest thing is, guests can get instant updates on the website. Come on, the knot! You are 2 years behind your competitors. I saw this post and it was asked a year ago. You can't even update that evite feature even in 1 year of time?! How disappointing! Now I am thinking if i should close this account and create our wedding website with other company since they offer a more user friendly platform.

• RB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wedding invites can only be shared from the website not the app. Use the share button on the bottom left.
    I agree should be more user friendly.

• Monica White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very disappointing. I do not understand why there is a guest list function if you can not send out the invites. This was a lot of work setting up and entering all this information. Even more disappointing, The Knot does not seem to care because a year later, it has not changed and they have not responded again.

• Nicole Abbott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so. I just found this out too, I did find a small way around it. When you are on the wedding website page, there is a button on the bottom left that says share. You can share your entire guest list with a simple email with a link to the website. not ideal but it helped having to do a whole other e-vite

It is unfortunate that this feature doesn't exist, even a year later. We will be moving to another website that offers digital invitations.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I see that the comment by Meuy from The Knot, promising to "take this into consideration", and assuring the writer that "We're always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience", is now nearly a year old, and nothing has been done. So, it seems that The Knot really does not care about its users' ideas and experiences.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with everyone else who has commented, I signed up on The Knot because I thought that I could send out invitations from here. Why in the world do you have the guest list? All you can do with it is to export to a spreadsheet, and then find an invite platform that will upload that list to send. I can create a spreadsheet myself. The Knot needs to up its game here--this is is an enormous disappointment. Good grief.

This is a silly time wating "feature" that is obviously misleading. Please delete the registry data entry section entirely it is useless in this program.

Why would the highest rated wedding website not have an evite feature??? Super frustrating to think of all the time and work we've put into the Knot just to have to find a different site to send evites. Luckily I was able to find one to link our Knot website to.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just put all our guest information into your guest list and pressed on the envelope icon to send... and then I find out it doesn't do that. Looked all around your site to find out how to do what OBVIOUSLY is an important part of a wedding preparation, only to now find out you don't have this feature! UGH!!!

What a crock of ****. All this work ready to send out the e invites and now have to go manage this in another platform Wasted time.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base