What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP

I would really like to be able to alter the RSVP, add other requirements. We are asking guest to choose a song that they would like to hear at the wedding. Please let me know if there is another way of attaining this through the website. TIA.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For RSVPing, it would be great if:

1. We could limit the amount of guests that can RSVP per party
    2. There was a way to require party's to leave contact info

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there were multiple lines for the RSVP on the main level. Couples are really struggling to RSVP because they try to type everything in the first set of boxes provided instead of typing in one name and then adding family members on the next screen. This messes up the RSVP/meal count, and my fiance and I have to keep going in and fixing it. I believe multiple lines from the very beginning would cut down dramatically on the confusion.

• Rosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please make a "Regrets" tab under rsvp for those who can not make it to the wedding?

• Rachel Aukamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the RSVP function would be great if it had more customizable options. In particular, I would like to be able to write my own message of instructions to the guests, set up options for them to pick (like whether they are attending both the ceremony and reception or just the ceremony), and whether they have dietary restrictions since we are having a buffet meal. It would also be really nice if the website itself also had more opportunities for you to add custom text and messages to the website.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to add more questions to the RSVP? We are having accommodations as camping in our backyard and would like and option to ask if they will be camping and what size their tent/trailer is. We would also like to add an option for mobility issues as well as a song request. It would be awesome to be able to customize the RSVPs like this.
    Thanks,
    Amanda

• Amber Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a happy medium for the current RSVP options. Right now it is either type in every single one of my guests or it is an absolute free for all. It would be pretty cool if there was a way to limit plus-one's. At the very least I'd like for a message to be visible while they are filling out the online RSVP that suggests only having one plus-one.

• kirst93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too wanted to do this. They suggested that if I don’t want to use the Guest Book online, you can change it to say song requests. It’s not as conscientious as having it on the RSVP, but it’s an option!

• HB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree, instead of choosing a meal I'm looking for a place when guests RSVP to add a favorite song...

Feedback and Knowledge Base