What's your idea for The Knot?

Please make the Newlywed Fund available for Canadian residents!

So sad we can't use it...

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sasha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really wish we could get this for Canada. It's disappointing I can't use this feature of the site.

• Mayzelle Parawan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're a Canadian couple doing a destination wedding in 2020 and would love to access the Newlywed Fund so we are not bringing/carrying monetary gifts with us during the trip. I hope it will be made available via PayPal next year. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the Knot has been so great for the wedding website and the planning tools. Big fan and it is making everything when it comes to planning our wedding a snap!

BUT I am so disappointed that this option is not available in Canada yet! I am getting married in September 2019 so I am hoping this is resolved soon! Paypal would definitely be a secure way to have this option set up or at least have something set up with the main banks in Canada.

• Emmanuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Knot is great but it bothers me that I can't use it to it's full extent; particularly the Newlywed Fund registry function. I know many of my guests want to help us save for our first home, but I can't add that fund because I don't have a US bank account. Can't The Knot add a Paypal function or something so that international couples can use the site as it was intended to be used?

• lendon.ebbels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, this seems pretty crazy that this isn't offered. My entire family is in Canada (my fiance and I are in the US), and clearly we're not the only people with international families. I feel for couples on here who don't live in the US themselves.

It looks like people have been commenting on this for a long time – and this newlywed fund option is definitely no longer "brand new", so it doesn't really seem like much is happening, which is super disappointing.

Other registry services offer gifting from international guests. Between this and the lack of ability to reorder things, it's frustrating. I'd rather have my whole wedding website, including the registry, centralized here, but roll it out properly or not at all!

• Matt Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are using stripe, it's SUPER easy just to turn on acceptance of any country's cards, then just do cashouts via paypal for the wedding couples. Boom, you're international in like 3 days...

I wish I knew this before we went to the trouble of creating a website. Great site, great features, but It might be useful to have a notice on your home page that notifies Canadians and people from other countries that the registry is for Americans only. It would save some time and frustration. Thanks.

• Jenika Dickens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a lot of couples in Canada and the UK that use this site, It was really disappointing to find out (only after setting it up) that it was for US accounts only.

• Darcy Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE MAKE CANADA PRIORITY! Getting married in 2019 and would love this as an option,

• Joy Parkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi , we've been invited to the wedding of friends using your website. We can't donate to their wedding fund as we have an Australian address/credit cards. Do you have any other suggestions so we can get the funds to them before the wedding? Maybe your company could check out PayPal or something similar for the future. PS I did send an email to you but no answer. Thx

Hi There! I am sure you have received many comments regarding this! This idea is extremely unique and I haven't been able to find anything similar for Canada so if you're able to make it happen that would be awesome! Our wedding is in September so sometime this spring or summer...as I am sure it is that easy to do! (kidding) :)
        Thanks for reading :)

Agreed! I was about to ask the same thing. Hopefully you can add it sooner than later!!

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoping this technicality is rectified sooner rather than later as this Registry feature is a nice option, but needs to expand out of the US for cash donations.

• Hannah Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love the idea of the newly fund. However, I cannot use this feature due to the fact my bank is tied to Canada as I reside here.

Is there any way you can partner with Canadian banks and/or paypal to make this happen?

Thank you so much!

Feedback and Knowledge Base