What's your idea for The Knot?

Please make the Newlywed Fund available for Canadian residents!

So sad we can't use it...

101 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sasha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried to make honeymoon fund, sadly we cannot because we are in Canada. What gives. You replied to this thread over a year ago. Not impressed.

• LKelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Canadians to also set up the bank account/honeymoon fund pages - use Paypal or a similar service to make it work.

• Jacqueline Baril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already have a Stripe account, however, for some reason, anyone outside of the USA is unable to use the registry feature at all. Please fix this!! I have already written 2 complaints about this and no one is responding. Please just fix the issue, there are more non Americans than americans in the world - seems like an odd business practice to ignore us and cut us out.

We just spent the day creating our website and a full "newlywed fund" registry to find out in "STEP 2" of the registry that it is only offered to US bank accounts... Would be nice if that was a bigger disclaimer at the start.

• Stephanie Allwright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Knot, any update on this? I’m in the same boat and it would really help me if you could let us use Canadian Retailers (like Canadian Bed, Bath, Beyond and Canadian amazon) and have an option for Canadian Dollars for funds. We have nothing similar here, and I’m planning a Hawaii 2020 wedding! Please make a Canadian version of the Knot registry please! And soon!

• Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! None of the Canadian wedding planning website offer this, so it would honestly be very beneficial to theknot.com!

• Allison Heath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to add my vote to this! Since The Knot and Wedding Wire (similar Canadian site) are owned by the same company it would be great to integrate them and have Canadian-friendly features!

• Allison Heath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am planning my wedding in Canada (I'm Canadian) so I started using WeddingWire to explore vendors in my area. This makes it really easy to use their checklist. When it came time to choosing a site, however, I preferred the aesthetics of The Knot. However a lot of features won't work for me. Most notably the registry options only work if you are in the US (Honeyfund only works on US bank accounts, and I can't seem to do any store registries). Since WeddingWire and The Knot are owned by the same company, it would be nice if they were integrated. For things that differ (like the photo sharing platforms) it would be nice to have a choice. Thanks!

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really wish we could get this for Canada. It's disappointing I can't use this feature of the site.

• Mayzelle Parawan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're a Canadian couple doing a destination wedding in 2020 and would love to access the Newlywed Fund so we are not bringing/carrying monetary gifts with us during the trip. I hope it will be made available via PayPal next year. Thanks!

the Knot has been so great for the wedding website and the planning tools. Big fan and it is making everything when it comes to planning our wedding a snap!

BUT I am so disappointed that this option is not available in Canada yet! I am getting married in September 2019 so I am hoping this is resolved soon! Paypal would definitely be a secure way to have this option set up or at least have something set up with the main banks in Canada.

• Emmanuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Knot is great but it bothers me that I can't use it to it's full extent; particularly the Newlywed Fund registry function. I know many of my guests want to help us save for our first home, but I can't add that fund because I don't have a US bank account. Can't The Knot add a Paypal function or something so that international couples can use the site as it was intended to be used?

• lendon.ebbels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, this seems pretty crazy that this isn't offered. My entire family is in Canada (my fiance and I are in the US), and clearly we're not the only people with international families. I feel for couples on here who don't live in the US themselves.

It looks like people have been commenting on this for a long time – and this newlywed fund option is definitely no longer "brand new", so it doesn't really seem like much is happening, which is super disappointing.

Other registry services offer gifting from international guests. Between this and the lack of ability to reorder things, it's frustrating. I'd rather have my whole wedding website, including the registry, centralized here, but roll it out properly or not at all!

• Matt Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are using stripe, it's SUPER easy just to turn on acceptance of any country's cards, then just do cashouts via paypal for the wedding couples. Boom, you're international in like 3 days...

I wish I knew this before we went to the trouble of creating a website. Great site, great features, but It might be useful to have a notice on your home page that notifies Canadians and people from other countries that the registry is for Americans only. It would save some time and frustration. Thanks.

• Jenika Dickens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a lot of couples in Canada and the UK that use this site, It was really disappointing to find out (only after setting it up) that it was for US accounts only.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base