What's your idea for The Knot?

Conscience protection

My suggestion would be concerning the knot's promotion of LGBTQ+ values for June. I found it to be problematic for my wedding pages, since I am a conscientious objector to such a promotion.

Let me just say that yes, we absolutely must treat every person with dignity and courtesy, regardless of their orientation, feelings, state in life, etc. The personal dignity and happiness of each unique individual is, however, best honored and safeguarded by the traditional teaching on marriage, and this is both a philosophically probative and religiously binding conviction. LGBTQ+ agendas do not stop at asking that such individuals be treated with respect and helped to find true happiness, but includes the condoning of actions that are proved to result in hurt and unhappiness for these individuals in the long run.

Because of this conscientious objection, I moved my wedding website over to a different service since the month of June so that my wedding pages are politically neutral in decor. I would like to ask the knot to consider maintaining politically neutral decor during June for the sake of best honoring both the dignity of all their users and the religious freedom of all their users.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Siena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Meg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I really hope that the knot will not purposely remove LGBT+ supportive language from its page due to pressure from bigoted "objectors." If so, I will have to stop using the site, and I know that I'm not alone in that conviction.

Feedback and Knowledge Base