What's your idea for The Knot?

Add link to attire in invitation

Add link to attire in invitation:

I'm a guest to a wedding and the invitation says "Attire: Formal". The wedding's at 1 pm so I was wondering if they wanted us in Morning Dress (the daytime white tie). I asked them and they said no, dark suits would suffice. Then it occurred to me to Google your site for attire, where I found that you define the single word "Formal" as "black tie optional". I suggest you add a hyperlink in your invitations to your page on attire selection, so that guests can go directly to the definitions on your site, which I assume the couple peruse when making their selection. And I suggest replacing the single word "formal" with "formal / black tie optional" as the name of that category, to clearly distinguish it from a reference to "formal attire", which I've always seen referring to white or black tie.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Cleary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...