What's your idea for The Knot?

I Want to Add Custom Items to the Budgeter

I have seen other ideas regarding the budgeter, but I'm running into the issue that I have several expenses not represented. Instead of trying to get The Knot to add a bunch of unique, fringe categories, I'd prefer just to be able to add a category, add a budget, and go from there.

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add my own unique expenses! I see that someone wrote a comment back in August of last year that got this conversation going, and I hope that The Knot is working on adding this ability to its budgeter. I have, like others, ended up having to create a separate budget on Excel because there are many things I cannot add to The Knot's budgeter.

• Brittney Miilu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this! We have to pay for Pre-Cana classes and that is not listed in the budgeter or anything that I could add it under. It would be super helpful to at least be able to add extra lines. I will have to do what the others have done and make my own in Excel.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would need interpreters for our wedding but there was no place for us to add that to the budget list. We ended up making our budget with excel. It would've been nice to be able to edit/add to the budget on your website.

• Vinh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, ended up making an excel sheet of my own in order to keep track of the items as there are unique obstacles to every wedding where 1 general template won't be able to handle :(

the Knot is great however!

• Kelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In both the budgeter and the checklist, there is no mention of a wedding dress. Why? That's a huge cost, and you need to find it very early. I guess I'll plug it into the menswear cost in the budgeter? Pretty inconvenient.
    I've run into that with a few items too. Why can't you add your own items to the budgeter to track? Outside of the dress, my wedding is also not following the standard timeline / task list. I should have the option to add things outside of the pre-populated list for both.

• Lizza&Bruno da Silva Gomez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I was using your new version of the budgeter and erased an item by mistake but can't seem to find where to show it again... did you implement something to add or reactivate something erased by mistake?

Many of us really want to track our expenses penny by penny and category by category, and it would be much easier to do so by having specific lines that we can add ourselves for how much we spent in certain areas. For instance, my fiance and I want to rent pool tables for our event, but nothing else (e.g. no basic rentals like chairs, cutlery, plates, etc.). Therefore, we want to see the budget line as "Game Rentals" rather than "rentals" and other things like that. The ability to use our own verbiage that we understand (even if it is unique to use) when making the budget makes the feature much more easy to use and understand.

Budgeting is kind of very important in case you haven't noticed and not all budget items fit your wedding style.
    I should be able to edit those entries.

Feedback and Knowledge Base