What's your idea for The Knot?

Seating chart builder

Would be great to have a seating chart builder built in, I noticed Wedding Wire has one and if a new bride-to-be was comparing features that would be an easy sway.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Your Customer Experience Team

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have a seating chart builder built in, I noticed Wedding Wire has one and if a new bride-to-be was comparing features that would be an easy sway. It would be nice to have everything under one site. I should of stuck with wedding wire. now I have to load my Knot guest list over to Wedding Wire.

• AT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked there still hasn't been one made for the site... It's been pretty tedious updating weddingwire just for the seating chart feature but I guess it is what it is :(

It would be really helpful to have a program to help with guest table seating. Maybe a option to set your reception layout and uploading guests from your RSVP list.

• che commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently in the process of planning the seating chart and I too, am sad The Knot does not have one... it's been going well so far. :(

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would give all 1000 votes to this one if I could! I had to sign up for Wedding Wire to use their feature and will have to export/import to set everything up! It's a real pain and one of the few complaints I have about your otherwise excellent service.

• Meli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I agree with the comment about providing a seating chart. Wedding Wire does indeed offer one, so now I'm having to manually copy all of the guests' names into their website to create the seating chart. Super frustrating. This is a part of nearly every wedding reception, so I'm really surprised that you don't already offer this.

• Devyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Providing a "we have reserved 2 spots in your honor" reminder since it is an electronic RSVP. This allows any confusion to be cleared up. I am stressing uninvited people will show up (so many people don't know wedding etiquette) drives me nuts and I want to make it as clear as possible

• SP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a seating chart option that coordinates wiht RSVP'd guests.

Just wondering whether you have made any improvements with this?
    This will really help me out with planning

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FULLY agree with this, and many of the other sites offer it.

I can agree with this. I went with the Knot to help organised my wedding and I just went to find the function to start building my wedding chart to find it wasn't an option.

Wondering whether I should start up wedding wire or do you think you will have this done within the next couple of months?

Feedback and Knowledge Base