What's your idea for The Knot?

Option to Delete Registry Drop Down Menu

On my wedding website, I would like to take away the drop down menu that appears when you hover over the "Registry" section and ONLY have a link to the registry. I want guests to go to the main registry page only (at least first) and I feel like they might skip that whole page if they think they have to select one of the options listed in the drop down menu (think - old people). We used the "Add to The Knot" to add things outside of our registry and I'm afraid no one will see them if they don't see our main registry page.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, it would be really nice if there was no drop down menu when guests hover over the word "Registry" on our wedding website. We have a very important message on our Registry page pertaining to where guests need to ship their items because I am moving cross country the day after the wedding, but if guests go straight to the registries from the drop down menu, they will not see that message. I am worried they won't see that message and we will receive a lot of gifts in person that we will have to try to move cross country or ship ourselves.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed addition. Every guest I have asked has not clicked on the main registry page, and instead on the dropdown options.

• daize1984 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this! It is confusing for guests - they are not seeing all of the registry items in one place which would be ideal!

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to second this suggestion. This is the only real annoyance with the website, and I don't see any reason it's necessary. Please update this as soon as possible.

• Alyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, has the drop down menu under registry been made an option yet? Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base