What's your idea for The Knot?

Reception line - please!

As a guest, I've just attended my second wedding where I never got to meet the couple (as in, I have never been introduced to them, ever). Please encourage brides and grooms to ensure that there is a reception line or an early opportunity (leaving the church or entering the reception room) to greet and thank each of their guests. Guests spend time shopping for you and traveling to and attending the wedding and reception. Some of your guests (like me and several at our reception table) are older and cannot stay until the end of the dancing to meet you. I think photographers and DJ's are responsible for the demise of the reception line because they want to get pictures immediately after the wedding and have a big entrance into the reception hall. Photos and the grand entrance are not as important as the people who wanted to be there to celebrate the start of your new life together. In fact, we're just happy for you and do not need a big production, gifts, or grand gestures. We just want to wish you well--in person! Can The Knot please add ideas for ensuring that the bride and groom meet their guests?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CS Jarrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base