What's your idea for The Knot?

International guests & Newlywed funds

I highly suggest looking into options for international guests -instead of being US centric only- for the newlywed funds, or clearly mark upfront that it is not an option for couples having international guests attending. It turns out you can only contribute to the funds with US credit cards, which makes it unusable in our case. I only wish we would have known that before and looked for alternatives. While I can understand that our linked account, to which the funds go, needs to be a US account, I am totally baffled that guests cannot contribute internationally. Please look into that as I am sure we are not the only couple on here with guests from overseas ;)

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - I live abroad and cannot buy a gift for my sister's wedding because you don't take Visa, MasterCard or any other international payment method just because it was not issued in the US? It's 2018??

How do you suggest I buy my sister a gift from her registry?

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify, we currently live in the US, our wedding is in the US but we have international guests attending. Any last minute suggestions are welcome as we had no idea until now since we had no problems setting up the fund with our US account. The wedding is in less than 3 weeks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base