What's your idea for The Knot?

Add a household dropdown menu

Please add a household dropdown menu in the individual list so that you can add that guest to a household without adding a duplicate guest. On the flip side, it would be great to be able to delete a guest from a household, but not the guest list overall.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wasn't this a feature already available on the website? When creating our guest list, I recall being able to move a guest from one household to another, adding one into a household, and removing a guest from a household. What happened?

I agree with the Original Poster and comment in this thread.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a huge pain for me in trying to manage the guest list.
        The inability to move guests from one household to another, remove guests from a household without deleting them from the guestlist, and create a new household with the ability to select guests to add to it (which would them remove them from their existing household) seems like a huge gap in logic. Ex. A couple of my adult cousins still live with my aunt and uncle. I am inviting my aunt and uncles to the ceremony and meal, but my cousins only to the reception. Because they are all in the same household, I have to delete and then recreate my cousins as guests as they are all under one household currently.
        I am about ready to completely give up on trying to use the guest list and RSVP feature of the site because of the difficulty and restrictions on easily moving guests in and out of households.

Feedback and Knowledge Base