What's your idea for The Knot?

Please give me an option to turn off automatic reminders!!!

How do I turn off the automatic reminders that get sent to my guests to RSVP?! I’m mortified and horrified this is automatic AND that there is no way to turn them off. My fiancé added the guests emails and I didn’t know (though I can see it being useful for ME to easily send my guests a reminder via the Knot.) and neither of us knew that by adding in guests emails they would get automatic reminders!! But we have allowed guests to send back their enclosed RSVP cards OR rsvp via our knot website. Some guests are getting reminders who have already sent back their rsvp cards!!! I’m going to go and delete every email now. But the fact that I can’t figure out how to do manual reminders only is ridiculous. Also the app tells me how many reminders it has sent out, and so far it has been every day! That’s so many! And the first automatic reminder was sent out less than a week after I sent my invitations! How embarrassing! I have emailed customer service as well because I’m so furious about these automatic reminders being sent to my guests without my wanting to send them. If there is already way to do this then it should be easier to find.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Veronika Specht shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Thank you for reaching out. The guests have an opportunity to sign up to receive this email in two places on our site. Either when they visit your registry page, or when they RSVP for your event. The guest is asked if they want to receive a 30 day reminder email and they then have to choose to enter their email address. This is not an email address we gain any other way, other than the guest entering it. They will only receive this one email reminder from us and no other marketing goes out to them unless they sign up as a member.

I hope this helps you know where this is coming from. Not all guests will receive the email since not all guests choose to sign up for the reminder.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our contact email address is help@theknot.com

yours. truly.
Customer Experience Team

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Concerned Bride 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Concerned Bride below. I was counting on being able to send out a push of email reminders after our RSVP deadline. Where did this feature go!?!?

• Concerned Bride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see the reminder even as an option at this point. I don't want them to be sent everyday or week but I have been diligently entering emails and phone numbers thinking I was going to have the option to start reminding people or set a deadline. Has the feature been removed? After seeing all these concerns and complaints I can see why it might have been. I just wanted to if it is still available and how to use it.

• bouffantville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My guests are receiving reminders and I had no idea reminders would be sent at all. They're being sent less than a week after the website was shared and the invitations went out. A few people commented to me that it seemed too soon (as in "pushy") and it was embarrassing for us, the bride and groom. Where do I turn off reminders? Should I remove their email addresses from my guest list? Will they still be able to RSVP if their email address is removed? Please advise promptly. Thank you.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let bride+groom have control! We have 1000 decisions to make and a direct guest-facing interaction like this shouldn't be automatic.

The reminder box is automatically checked. Guests don't know what they're doing. They're getting bad info because I'm not using 100% of your features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base