What's your idea for The Knot?

Guest Accommodations - Duplicated on Wedding Website

Members -

So many of you have already reached out regarding the appearance of duplication of your Guest Accommodations - Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and what you are seeing on your website.

We recently made a change to the Accommodations page on Wedding Websites based on feedback we received from other couples and guests that they were having a hard time locating where to find the hotel accommodations in the scope of the website. Currently, you will see we are testing a few ways to make this more visible on websites for your guests. This does include including Accommodations on their own tab AND in the details tab on your website. Unfortunately, there is not an option to customize this feature to appear under just one tab. If you do not have any need to add hotel accommodations, you can hide this tab under the accommodations section on your wedding website. 

We would love to hear your feedback so we can pass this along to our Website Tech team as they look at how this feature is being used by your guests. Ultimately, your feedback will play a big part in how we move forward with this testing and our website design. Feel free to leave your feedback here or email us directly at help@theknot.com.

Thank you - again - for reaching out.

xoxo,
Customer Experience Team

276 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi -

You’ve shared your feedback and we hear you – truly. After conversations with the Product Lead over our wedding website development, we have been assured that this team is working through the possible solutions to adjust and improve the appearance and function of the accommodations/ details tabs on your wedding websites.

The goal is still to create one specific area to manage your guest accommodations while still having some ability to personalize this feature. With this in mind, the Tech team knows that the biggest ask coming from our Couples is that there should not be any duplicate information appearing on the website under multiple tabs.

While we will not be rolling this back to how it was before and we know that many of you still frustrated that your site is going to appear a bit different than when you originally published the site, we do want to be sure any future updates offer a viable solution for our couples while still creating an easy to use experience for your guests.

As soon as we get an expected date of release for future updates, we will post them again here on the forum.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. And thank you – so much – for your constructive feedback. This is a passionate group of members and we are definitely listening and hearing what you have to say.

I look forward to circling back on this again with you soon.

xoxo,
    Keri
    Customer Experience

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many others, I REALLY dislike that "Guest Accommodations" is forced to be its own tab. This seems like a disrespect to my guests' intelligence that they wouldn't be able to easily just click "Details" and find accommodations through there. Not allowing us to customize where guest accommodations appear is ridiculous.

• gcharpist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All that's left to do is warn other couples, leave bad reviews, and change websites if you haven't already. It doesn't appear they are ever going to address this and I certainly don't have any more time to waste on them. Absolutely awful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not recommending the Knot website. I've wasted hours on this site and the duplication of guest accommodations is more confusing as people had to flip back and forth to see if the information matched. There is no customization to add accommodations once on the site. The photos page was the WORST for 100 reasons, the font sizes/customization for the site is abysmal, and you have to single-handedly click EACH guest on the RSVP page instead of selecting all. If I could go back in time, I would not have chosen this site and will not be recommending it. Someone needs to update this site ASAP if they want to compete with other sites that are much easier to use.

The Knot, please don't send me emails to the address that I'm providing.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost three weeks and there's been zero response... Even just "we're still working on it" is better than nothing.

Here's what I did...

1. Add new section on "Details" page.
        2. Title it Accommodations.
        3. Copy and paste every accommodation from the old page.
        4. Hide the old accommodations page.

I don't recommend deleting the old accommodations page in case they do something.

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please explain how I can remove the duplicates? It's fine not to be rolled back. It's fine to be separate, but the thing is, it's not just separate, it's duplicated. And no matter what I do it's a duplicate. How can I remove the duplicates?

Could you just remove the Guest Accommodations page from the Details page and make the Guest Accommodations page it's own?

• Janice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you've just deemed this unworthy of your time and are not going to fix the issue anymore?

• Annonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a waste of time this website was for me. Wish I could change it. Telling everyone I know to stay away.

• Ashley Hoskison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HERE IS WHAT THEY ARE NOW SAYING............It is KNOT a bug. It was done intentionally! Basically they thought it made sense to put things in both places, which it does KNOT. They said that guests were having trouble understanding where to find guest accommodations. Can someone please tell me one example they have of this? It literally reads guest accommodations at the top of our pages. They also do KNOT care about what any of us think or have to say about it clearly. I will KNOT be recommending THE KNOT to anyone else..will you?

"Thank you so much for reaching out. We recently made a change to the Accommodations page based on feedback we received from couples and guests that they were having a hard time locating where to find the hotel accommodations. We were testing a few ways to make this more visible on couples wedding websites.

You will now see Guest Accommodation as in its own tab. Please note, when clicking on the Details tab, your accommodations information will be visible here as well, however, the Guest Accommodations title will only appear once as it's own tab. When your guests click on the separate Accommodations tab, it's re-directing them to the Details page, and visa versa. This is ensures that your guests will be able to find all of your wedding information at almost any click on your website!

If you prefer to not have the separate Accommodations tab, you can go to your Wedding Website tab, click on the Guest Accommodations tab, hit the Edit tool and select the toggle to NO (see below). Then you can either Add a New Page or add a new section under Details for accommodations. Either option you choose, you'll be able to manually add the hotel details"

• SB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when this will be fixed? Since most of our guests work in High Tech in the Silicon Valley, this looks extra silly for The Knot and for us to have chosen this site. We all know how easy it is to fix a duplicated tab on a website...

Any update you can share? It shouldn’t be difficult to give people the option to go back to how things were when we all designed our websites before you decided to make changes I don’t believe anyone asked for.

• Alissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Guest Accommodations tab and my Details tab take my guests to the EXACT SAME PAGE. It's weird and confusing and cluttered. This website is already printed on my stationary, so it's too late to go to Zola or Minted or literally anywhere else that doesn't push ***** ups to the live website and then take weeks to fix them. Can't say I'll be recommending The Knot to anyone.

• Rebecca M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have an update on when the duplication will be fixed? You can't remove one without both being removed.

• Chelsea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s simple- “guest accommodations” is appearing twice as two separate tabs. When you remove one, you remove the other automatically.

This needs to be put to the top of the knot’s development queue and fixed IMMEDIATELY. Invitations are being sent for all June weddings right now.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just really don't understand why the "guest accommodations" tab was created at all if it wasn't going to be customizable with the Manage Pages tool like every other tab. This seems like a counter-intuitive, and frankly pretty amateur, mistake for a web designer to have made.

This wouldn't be an issue if this menu page were simply editable like EVERY OTHER ONE that already exists.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM, IS ANYONE GOING TO ADDRESS THIS HERE CONSIDERING EMAILS ARENT BE ANSWERED.

• Helen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point of emailing??? You are ignoring the emails of so many people!!!

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My "Guest Accommodations" tab and my "Details" are exactly the same. If you want to have "Guest Accommodations" be it's own separate tab then please just include that information. Now with both tabs exact duplicates I am getting confused and I am the one putting it together.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base