The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unendorse bigoted vendors

The knot was a fantastic tool for planning my wedding, however I request that you remove your endorsement of stylist Abby Hartsell for her bigoted refusal of service to a gay couple, as well as endorsements of any other vendors that discriminate based on ****** orientation. I will advise others to find other sources of planning resources until she is removed.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us!
    Most advertisers on The Knot.com are paying advertisers. The others have a free listing but are limited in the information they can supply to potential clients on our site. Recommendations for vendors actually come from other members that have left reviews for vendors based on their past experiences. If you are not satisfied with the services provided, we do encourage you to leave a factual, non-emotional review on our site. This will help other members in the future when evaluating this vendor. You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area with this information. We have notified the Account Rep that oversees this vendor so they are aware of this issue you had. If you have questions about the reviews process, you can reach that team at reviewinquiry@xogrp.com. They would love to help any time.
    We are truly sorry…

2. Film Monkey

Please do not associate yourself with Film Monkey. They are complete garbage and discredit your website. They are officially scammers according to the Better Business Bureau. Or at least update the avg reviews to reflect all the complaints from many customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us!

Most advertisers on The Knot.com are paying advertisers. The others have a free listing but are limited in the information they can supply to potential clients on our site. Recommendations for vendors actually come from other members that have left reviews for vendors based on their past experiences. If you are not satisfied with the services provided, we do encourage you to leave a factual, non-emotional review on our site. This will help other members in the future when evaluating this vendor. You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area with this information. We have notified the Account Rep that oversees this vendor so they are aware of this issue you had.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this vendor has caused you and your family.

3. Your filters don't work correctly

I have had the hardest time finding CHRISTIAN ministers to marry my fiance and I in the Philadelphia area. Most officiants who come up are usually interfaith and perform non-religious services as well. You have filters that allow me to specifically select Christian officiants, yet the first result that comes up is a Jewish wedding group. And I barely see any Christian ones. Obviously the Christian filter does not work, or if you just don't have Christian-specific officiants in the area your site should say "0 results" instead of listing others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are glad you are using the site. The vendors listed on our site are those that have chosen to be listed on our site. We would love to have more ministers in all faiths, join our lists, but this is not something we can populate before they reach out to us. It is unfortunate that in the area you are looking there are not the Christian ministers you were hoping to find. We do hope you are able to find the perfect person for your ceremony, and when you do, you may ask them to consider reaching out to The Knot so the next couple has someone in that category to choose from.

We definitely are trying to enhance the areas of our Local Vendors where there is limited choices, and we will keep this in mind as we move forward in looking for new vendors in Philadelphia.

XOXO

4. Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to be able to add any vendor that you can find on regular google search

you should be able to add any vendor that you can find on regular google search

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

6. Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom vendors in the "Vendor List"

I like the new "vendor list" but it has a bit of an issue. If you try to add vendors that are not on The Knot or on Google, it doesn't allow you to save them. It would be nice to be able to add custom vendors to the list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

8. Make location a dominant factor in searching & in additional vendor emailing

When I emailed one vendor, there was an option to email 5 'similar' vendors, which I thought would mean all within the number of miles from my location that I selected. Distance was my only 'filter' within the category 'beauty'. Instead, it sent quote requests to vendors several hundred miles away, and I'm getting emails quoting steep travel costs. I don't want to waste anyone's time, including my own having to respond politely to people I had no intention of doing business with due to their location. This is not the first time something similar has happened. I would like…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you reaching out and passing along this feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to our Product Design team and they will take it into consideration for future updates. We are working on improving the vendor contact arena on the site and hope that later this month we will see some updates that will help many of your concerns.

XO,
    Keri

9. contacts for vendors

The ability to track your Vendor's contact information, and when it's time to confirm, you can simply go back to your list of vendors and make calls down the list rather than rummaging through your emails for the transpiration company, band, caterer, tuxedo rental, etc.

Also- if when you 'check' these off in your list, it gives you the option to enter this information, that would be legit !

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Providing Vendors with my email

Hello,
    I used your site to contact three vendors for more information. I am now receiving emails back from several vendors that I did not contact - my personal email is being filled with information from vendors that I am not interested in using. I've heard a lot of great feedback about your site but am very disappointed in this "feature". Very frustrating.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vendor sorting

I may be missing it somewhere, but it would be much better if you could sort the vendors somehow. Some venues have "preferred" or required vendors and they are very difficult to find on this website.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'd like to see a price legend for the venues.

It's impossible to determine what "affordable" vs "moderate" is.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch about this!

Our venues choose which pricing category they’d like to be listed under. So there is not a set price point for affordable, moderate, etc. rather the venue chooses to list themselves based on their rates and other rates in the area. It is a way for us to share with you price variations in a specific market. This is a great way to start off but as you narrow down your search some venues have pricing pdfs available on their storefront for more specific pricing details.

Current price range examples:

$ – Inexpensive
    $$ – Affordable
    $$$ – Moderate

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. https://youtu.be/-J22BJpqOfc Photo slideshow videos

I produce photo slideshow music videos for brides and include the music from their ceremony.I use about 100 photos from their photographer and special transitions, effects, captions etc to make a wonderful first anniversary gift . I included a "short " clip of my work longer versions available: email isodo@q.com by Stephanie https://youtu.be/-J22BJpqOfc

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Hi and thanks so much for getting in touch! Please contact our local sales team (localsales@theknot.com) to discuss opportunities to add your business to theknot.com

Have a great day!

Krista

14. [Reviews} You should be able to sort through the reviews on vendors such as sort by date, lowest to highest etc

You should be able to sort through the reviews on vendors such as sort by date, lowest to highest etc...It's really frustrating not being able to look for recent reviews only or the lowest reviews for each vendor.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How come I can't look at wedding venues in Canada?

When I signed up for the Knot, I entered that I'm thinking about getting married in Montreal, Canada. The email I got had links to "Toronto/Ontario Wedding Venues", yet the link just brought me to Venues near where I live. When I try to edit the location, it won't let me input any city outside of the US. Is there a work around or does the Knot not do business outside the US?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about finding vendors in your location. Currently, the focus of The Knot is on US vendors and locations. We continue to look at how we can expand into more of Canada and have started in the Ontario area as our first trial run. We look forward to expanding this as more vendors express interest in our company and services. We hope you are able to find many other ways to use The Knot as you continue your planning, even though the vendors are not in the system.

Thanks!

Meuy

16. [Vendors] All contact information should follow user down the page.

vendor phone number and address, especially for venues, should be in the call to action box on the right that follows you down the page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback! We heard this feedback from plenty of brides and decided to add a “phone” link to the call to action box on storefronts that anchors to the contact details on the page to make them easier to access.

Check out an example (https://beta.theknot.com/marketplace/lexoria-wedding-films-new-york-ny-600995) and let us know what you think!

Thanks again for taking the time to send your feedback!

Krista

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base