The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Links for Wedding Venue & Reception

No matter how many times I attempt to add the link to my venue under "Wedding Details" it will not work in a way that displays nicely (off to the left on the bottom, throwing off whole page). Additionally I see that "Google Maps" is connected to my ceremony & reception locations, but I'd like for the guests to be able to actually click on it to open up "maps" for directions from their locations. I know I've seen this on other wedding websites, so know it's possible.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photos showing as white boxes

Currently reported bug on wedding websites: Photo preview squares showing as white boxes instead of photo previews.

We are aware that for some accounts the photo albums are coming up and only showing white boxes, rather than a preview of the photo. I am very sorry this is affecting your account. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we hope to see a solution early this week. We have seen that if you refresh the page/URL a few times it may start showing the pictures as expected. We know this is not ideal, and not all of your…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional photos added to website

Under the Wedding section on the website, it would be nice to be able to upload more than one more photo (1 for ceremony, 1 for reception). And an option for a photo of a map. Is this possible?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. RSVP

I would like to see The Knot implement an automatic cut off option for the RSVP. Once the date has been set that option would work wonders. It will also encourage the guests to confirm attendance within the allotted time. Another reason, most if not all weddings require a head count for the services being requested for that day. A disclaimer should also be added as well.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Accommodation details from guest

Along with the food choice during RSVP, I would like to see a required comment section where guest is asked to provide the name of their hotel and the dates of their stay. This would help me organize my destination wedding but would also be useful in distribution of welcome bags, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Ability to change the font and spacing in the email when sharing the website

Hi there. It would be nice to be able to change the font and spacing in the email subject box when sharing the website via email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Add picture sharing to the knot

I think that it would be a great idea to add picture sharing to the knot. This will allow the wedding attendees to share picture directly to the wedding website giving the bride and groom a chance to see the pictures immediately.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Site settings

We should be able to choose from an actual font size to dictate sizes throughout the customized wedding website – using a slider to adjust the sizes mean that we must guess, and the text looks sloppy, since there's seemingly no way to match up font sizes. I also don't like that capitalization is removed; that should be a choice and not a forced default. I'm putting effort into making this website both attractive and helpful, and the settings in place mean that there are elements that look like errors for those of us wanting something grammatically and stylistically correct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Have page section location flexibility

"Our Story" section of the Our Wedding page on the Wedding Website can be lengthy. Our Story is nice to know, but it's not the must know part of the page. Please allow us to reorder the sections of the page, and or move a section to another page. If that is too much to ask, please just move the "Our Story" below the "The Wedding" section on the "Our Wedding" page. Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Hashtag

Provide a space under the couples name on the wedding website for them to add their wedding hashtag. This way all the guests know exactly what the hashtag is prior to entering the wedding.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change color themes on wedding website

I wish I could customize the colors of my wedding website. Several of the website themes could work for my wedding theme, but none of them are close to the right colors. Considering I don't plan on buying the matching invitations, I feel like I should be able to customize the color theme.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely know this is an ask by many of our members. We continue to add more themes through the year to bring a broader theme set forward for all couples. Having the ability to change colors on our designs is something we hope to offer in the future. Thanks for asking the question – it helps our Design teams know how important this will be to bring forward.

XOXO,
    Keri

13. More responsive themes

Absolutely love the website and idea, but the themes aren't very responsive and look very disappointing on a mobile device. Most people will be visiting on their phones and the beautiful theme is completely lost :(

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Sharing our wedding website

Hello! I've been so impressed and thankful for the features on The Knot, but there's been one hiccup that has proved really frustrating: When I shared my wedding website with friends via email, the sender is listed as The Knot Guest Services. Not only is this not ideal, I've had several guests almost delete the email because of the sender and several more miss it entirely. It’s been a rather annoying ordeal in an otherwise wonderful The Knot experience.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Get rid of required subtitle for the Our Story section, since it already has "Our Story" as the header

If I am only writing a couple sentences or even one paragraph under the "Our Story" section then I do not want to be required to include a subtitle. Otherwise on the website it looks awkward with a superfluous subtitle as I'm only describing one story. "Our Story" followed by "Our Story" again? It would look much better if it just said "Our Story" in the sub-section header font followed by the text.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need a way to Change Theme for Links

We need a way to Change Theme for Links — the font and color of hyperlinks.

Ours looks like ComicSans in light blue, with no way to change it...

We are currently using the theme "Written in the Stars" by Hayley Paige, and the Details > Accommodations page is where we needed to put a Link, but the hyperlink's font and color doesn't match our customized theme at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How can I remove the RSVP option in the body of the website for each individual event but keep the RSVP button at the top of the website?

I have a 2-day wedding where not every guest is invited to both events, which I have been able to program in the secure RSVP but the option to RSVP on the main site is still there and I cannot figure out how to remove that while still keeping the top button capability to RSVP.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. food options

For the reception dinner, my guests need to chose an appetizer, a main/entree and a dessert. I can only add the options all in one slot. Is there a way to make them select one from each of those categories for the same event?

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Wedding website is super slow

Your wedding website is SUPER SLOW. I also wish it was more customizable (ability to select text, create your own banner, background color, drag and drop, etc.) It's not terribly intuitive, so it's been a really frustrating experience trying to set it up.:(

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base