The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wedding website redirecting to ‘We’re sorry, but something went wrong”

Hello,

We really appreciate you checking in. We are experiencing some issues with our site, which is affecting our couples Wedding Website; we do apologize for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you so much for your patience!

Tech has given us the all clear; you and your guests should be able to access your wedding website. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox and make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please let us know. Our email address is Help@theknot.com

XOXO

2. My Website isnt publishing

Good Afternoon,
    Hope my message finds you well. However its with great disappointment that I write to you. We purchased a website through you guys, but the site wont publish. We have purchased save-the-dates and arent able to send out due to this issue. Ive looked at your website and there is no resources available for my site not publishing. If you look at your comments section, you will see I am not the only one having this issue. I understand supposedly these websites automatically publish themselves, but when you type in the URL it simply tells you page not…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

If you’re having issue publishing your wedding website, please call customer service at 877-843-5668 or send and urgent email to Help@theknot.com with your account information.

XOXO,

3. missing wedding website error 404

We are getting the 404 error message and not able access or edit our wedding website. We just sent out our save the dates with it yesterday :( Help!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our site was temporarily down due to a system issue, but it should be back up and running. We are so sorry this affected your account and your ability to see your photos, guest list and/or website. When you check the site again now, I do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing.

Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

4. 404 while on website!

I'm having issues - I can go to my external website from the knot.com I cannot manage the website. The error is saying "404
    Sorry, it looks like that page has gone missing".

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our site was temporarily down due to a system issue, but it should be back up and running. We are so sorry this affected your account and your ability to see your photos, guest list and/or website. When you check the site again now, I do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing.

Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

5. Website

The wedding website tool has an Error 404 message when attempting to access it for editing.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

6. Registry Note unable to change font color

The background for our website is dark purple and does not show Black font all too well. I have updated the font area to all white, but the Registry Note section is still in black. How can this be updated?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your registry page has been fixed. The message on your registry page should now be legible.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

7. Please add "Junior Bridesmaid" as one of the roles in the Wedding Party!

No role in drop down menu for Junior Bridesmaids

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Website Creation bug.... WHY ISNT IT AUTO SAVE

There needs to be an auto save feature when writing in the different sections of the wedding website. It is extremely easy to delete paragraphs of details, stories etc. that have all been neatly compiled.

I have lost so much work today because I HIGHLIGHTED the text, and poof, text box and hours of work just gone..

Other option is to have a note on the website creation page, to write all of your information in a different space and copy paste it into the text boxes.

Just a heads up for busy brides like me! Write it down elsewhere…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! Our Website team was able to push the update on the wedding websites just last week. Now when you are typing a story or updating your information, the system will no longer allow you to exit without saving or cancelling. It will require you to take action. This helps keep the great wording you already have in place in the story just for you!

Thank you for taking time to write this forum idea, and vote it up. This is the best way for our teams to see what is a priority on our site.

yours. truly.
    Keri

9. Wedding party categories

I already sent an email to customer support but never heard anything back. I have flower boys but they can only be listed as flower girls on my wedding website. Your own description of wedding parties on your website lists them as “flower children”. Can this be made available on the wedding websites we create? I want to put my nephews on my website but don’t think it’s fair to call them “flower girls”. Please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Wedding Website

Under wedding party, there isn’t an option to set someone’s role as a junior bridesmaid. I was wondering if that could be added to the list? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. "Are you sure you want to exit from this page" Option on wedding website

I just spent over an hour writing all of the painfully detailed instructions for our destination wedding on the "Accommodations" section of our wedding website and apparently I accidentally clicked off of the editing box that I was working from and now all of my work has disappeared.

I just died a little inside because it took me so long to assemble all the information and now it's gone. I can't go back, there is no recover button, I didn't even get a warning that I was about to exit the editing box without saving my work before it all…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Our Website team was able to push the update on the wedding websites just last week. Now when you are typing a story or updating your information, the system will no longer allow you to exit without saving or cancelling. It will require you to take action. This helps keep the great wording you already have in place in the story just for you!

Thank you for taking time to write this forum idea, and vote it up. This is the best way for our teams to see what is a priority on our site.

yours. truly.
    Keri

12. On the wedding party

On the wedding party section. There is a Man of Honor position, however, there is no Best Woman position. I chose my sister to be my Best Woman, and I'd like to put her on our wedding party section as such.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Put a summary/highlight area under the newlywed fund

Provide the option to put a summary/highlight area that the bride and groom can write a blurb about their newlywed fund. We'd like to use our newlywed fund as a honeymoon fund but don't currently have the opportunity to explain what our honeymoon is about. Having the ability to give a description would be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sending this over. When you set up each fund in Newlywed Fund you are able to give the details about why you have that fund set up and give your guests more details on the fun adventures you are planning to have.

It sounds like you were hoping the blurb would be seen before they enter each fund – is that correct? I will be sure the Newlywed Fund team knows that is a request.

Enjoy your planning!
    xoxo,
    Keri

14. Couple Knot Wedding Website Editing

Both my fiance and I created Knot accounts. I've been tracking almost everything on my account, but he took charge of putting together the wedding website (which is already printed on the invitations at this point, even if they haven't been sent yet). I'd like to be able to link our accounts so we both have access to the website editing features, so when I want to update a menu item or something I don't have to get him to log in and do it!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for being a valued member of The Knot – The Nest – The Bump!

Currently, our accounts are only able to have one login email account. We trust that if you want to share the planning information with your co-registrant you will be able to share your email and password information with them as well.

As a note – some of our members have created a ‘wedding only’ email account so they don’t clutter up their regular inbox during the wedding planning process. This might be a great option to think about so you can both have access to the incoming emails and the account information. If you do create a new email address (gmail and hotmail are great for this), you can then log into your account and go to Account Settings/Account Management to change your email address on your current account.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,…

15. I don't have any ideas, I just want to complain.

This interface for creating a wedding website is atrocious. I wish I had realized that before settling on using The Knot for our site. Photos don't upload, or if they do, they upload incorrectly. Formatting changes aren't represented on the website. I can't add a general description to certain pages (such as "Travel and Transportation"), I have to use the template and enter a specific address. In general, it is not a user friendly interface. I understand that I'm not offering an idea here, but I wanted to be sure that it was clear that I would not be using…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate you taking the time to send us some feedback. I would love to spend some time with you on your account to see if we can help in a few of these areas, but before we do that – Thank you. Thank you for letting us see this through our members eyes and letting us know we still have some work to do to get everything right. I can tell you our team knows the pain points with the photos and we are definitely looking at how we can help this be a seamless process in the future. I am glad you mentioned it here because it will always spur us forward when we hear from our members. I will reach out on a separate email to you directly to look at your site with you. We are sorry you had to reach out, but again, I…

16. Wedding Party List

Could you add a custom option for the roles within the bridal party? I'd love to add some not as common names that are personal to my wedding plans.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello -

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Please add "Officiant" to drop down menu for wedding party

Many people are choosing to have friend or family memeber as Officiant. Please add this category to wedding party drop down menu. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Guest List

It would be great if the Guest List Manager could be sorted by RSVP status, so you can see who has RSVPed and who hasn't.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photos not uploading.

Still cannot upload photos. When I try to upload new photos, it has all of them listed with check boxes, then I click add. Then nothing happens. I tried incognito mode on chrome and other computers. What is the issue?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues uploading photos to your wedding website.

Even though we do not have a size limit on photo uploads, we have found it’s best to follow these guidelines:

If you are having an issue uploading photos using a mobile device, try using a desktop pc and only use Firefox for your browser. Chrome may also work, but it can be persnickety as well.

We do limit the albums to 5, this includes Facebook, Instagram, and Shared albums.

Try to limit each album to 20 – 30 photos. More than this number and you might find difficultly adding more photos. Some couples have added more than 30 photos, but this is a prime number for you to aim your limit.

It’s best to add photos that are 5 MB or less. Typical images that you see on websites are roughly 1024…

20. No set date

I'd like for there to be a way to have a wedding site up and running while a date is being changed/finalized.
    A year & season would do the trick. Ex. "Spring 2018" instead of "April 25, 2018"

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base