The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Wishlist" Optional feature

Please go back to making the Wishlist of registry items optional. Not everyone wishes to have the individual items on their page and would rather just have the links to their registries visible. Specially important when you have registries from vendors that are not partnered with The Knot. I believe the Wishlist use to be an optional feature but with the recent upgrades this seems to be permanent now? Displaying the individual items on the website really clutters the registry page, in my opinion.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Remove SSN from Newlywed Fund

My fiance and I were so excited to start a cash fund on our wedding website with TheKnot. However, after realizing that we had to literally give ALL of our personal information down to SSN and DOB, we felt that this was very intrusive and unnecessary. We feel that there is no need to provide an SSN if you have all bank routing and other contact information and this information should be optional to provide. Unfortunately, since it is not, we will not be using the newlywed fund via theknot.com and will look elsewhere. Very disappointed.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        under review  ·  Ciera responded

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

• International guests & Newlywed funds

I highly suggest looking into options for international guests -instead of being US centric only- for the newlywed funds, or clearly mark upfront that it is not an option for couples having international guests attending. It turns out you can only contribute to the funds with US credit cards, which makes it unusable in our case. I only wish we would have known that before and looked for alternatives. While I can understand that our linked account, to which the funds go, needs to be a US account, I am totally baffled that guests cannot contribute internationally. Please look into…

16 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

• Option to Delete Registry Drop Down Menu

On my wedding website, I would like to take away the drop down menu that appears when you hover over the "Registry" section and ONLY have a link to the registry. I want guests to go to the main registry page only (at least first) and I feel like they might skip that whole page if they think they have to select one of the options listed in the drop down menu (think - old people). We used the "Add to The Knot" to add things outside of our registry and I'm afraid no one will see them if they…

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

• fund

Newlywed fund is buggy.

in order to get to the confirmation screen after entering the amount you want to gift you have to click the button. if you simply hit "Enter" or "Return" it wont proceed to the confirmation screen, leading several of my guests to become confused and believe it wasn't working at all. this needs to be fixed. bug is present on desktop and mobile.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• Add a place for guests to indicate item was purchased from the Universal Registry Tool

Any items that are added using the Universal Registry Tool, have no way to indicate that they have been purchased which could cause duplicates. Please add a way for guests to indicate that a gift has been purchased from items added using the Universal Registry Tool.

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                  XOXO,
                  Meuy

• New Registry Format is Tacky; Please Convert Back

The layout has recently changed formats on the Registry tab on our wedding website, no matter what design layout we pick. It now states our names in big, bold letters at the top of the page. Guests are already at OUR wedding website... they know exactly whose wedding registry they're shopping from. Please change the format back to what it was a few months ago; it was much less tacky then.

11 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                    XOXO,
                    Meuy

• 63 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      18 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• Thank You Cards Generated from the Newlywed Fund & The Knot

I am having my guests RSVP to the knot, and am also utilizing the Newlywed Fund. I love getting notified when money comes in, but it would be great if the Knot took it a step further.

When the email comes in that there is a new gift, there should be a call to action in the email that says "Write Your Thank You Card Now." The bride/groom can click this to write a meaningful gift while it is still fresh in their mind. The knot would store all thank you note messages in their system, along with the invitation…

6 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                        XOXO,
                        Meuy

• It would be really nice if we could change the look of the registry page

It would be really nice if we could change the look of the registry page when accessed alone (so not through the wedding website), either automatically transferring over the theme from the wedding website or allowing the choice of a theme for the registry website separately, but at least allow some personalisation instead of that one default look.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                          XOXO,
                          Meuy

• Provide a summary/highlight area above newlywed funds

Hi there!

I am using the Knot's newlywed fund as our honeymoon fund, but I really hate how I can't explain our honeymoon or why we are using this registry above our picked funds. Would you please be able to provide this option? Most honeymoon fund sites allow you to explain yourself above or before you have to click on the actual fund.

Thanks so much
                          xx

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate you sending over this feedback. Right now Newlywed Fund is only set up so your guests will see the details after they open each fund. We do encourage you to have a few fund tiles set up so that you can give a brief look inside to each of them. Maybe Honeymoon, Airfare, Dinner for Two, Parasailing…. whatever the adventure you dream of, it is good to give your guests some choices.

That being said, our team will look at this and see what they may be able to open up in the future.

xoxo,
                            Keri

• 7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                              XOXO,
                              Meuy

• I would like there to be a way to change which registry is the primary one

I cannot seem to find a way to switch which registry shows up on the top of our registry page. Right now our two "minor" registries are showing up on top and we would like our "primary" one to be on top so that people are inclined to go to that one first.

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• I would like there to be a way to change which registry is the primary one

I cannot seem to find a way to switch which registry shows up on the top of our registry page. Right now our two "minor" registries are showing up on top and we would like our "primary" one to be on top so that people are inclined to go to that one first.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• GIFT OCCASSION INDICATION

NEED INDICATOR IF GIFT IS FOR ENGAGMENT, SHOWER, OR WEDDING--SINCE MOST PEOPLE USE THE "WEDDING" REGISTRY FOR ALL THREE....WITHOUT THIS I'VE EXPERIENCED A LOT OF CONFUSION WITH THE BRIDES...IT PUTS THEM IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATION; THEY HAVE TO CALL WEDDING GUEST AND INQUIRE WHICH OCASSION THE GIFT IS MEANT FOR.THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO ME 3 TIMES ON THE KNOT-

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Increasing donation group options

There should be a way to request to link your registry to specific donation groups or add groups that are not listed. Specifically I would I to link our registry to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                      XOXO,
                                      Meuy

• Export Newlyfund entries

It would be quite helpful if I could sort, export, or view as a table all the gifts we've received from in our newlywed fund. Currently they are not sorted in any particular way and so we have to check the whole list multiple times to ensure we've sent thank you notes to everyone. Thanks for helping!

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you taking time to send us this feedback. We are continually looking at ways we can make the Newlywed Fund more user friendly and this suggestion is definitely on our list.

Let us know if you have feedback on other areas- we love hearing from our couples!

xoxo,
                                        Keri

• Please improve User Interface for Newlywed Fund for mobile users

We are loving the Newlywed Fund! The site has been easy to use on desktop devices, but is nearly impossible to use when on a mobile device.
                                        I cannot update it from my tablet or phone and we have received feedback from guests that they were unable to give us gifts from mobile devices either. With many people moving away from computers and laptops and toward tablets and phones, please improve the UI to be usable for these users.

Otherwise, Love it!

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• A way to put "Funds" as an option for registry

Theres another registry site that allows the couple to not only have funds towards their honeymoon, but other big expensive items like home renovations, downpayment on a house, bigger furniture and the like. My fiancé and I have most of the small items one would request for their home. We would also much rather have money go towards our first home we are buying together for renovations and larger items like table and chairs than towards a honeymoon. I know we can go through the other site, but I would much rather go through the knot for everything instead of…

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base