The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rating userability of businesses' registries

I have had an absolutely horrible experience with The Container Store's registry feature and really want to share this publicly so that other people won't make the same mistake. I tried searching online for any forums where actual brides weigh in on how the registries function and I'm having trouble finding much out there with honest feedback. I'm sure you guys partner with certain businesses and wouldn't want their names being dragged through the mud but at the same time, it would help you know who to be comfortable recommending and working with so that you have satisfied customers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so sorry you had this experience. We always love getting feedback regarding our partnered retailers and I will be able to share this feedback with our Registry team. Let us know if there is another retailer we can help connect you with that may give a great on-boarding process for you and your fiance.

Thank you again for reaching out. This feedback will be helpful.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

It does show up at the top on my end of the site, but when I view the "guest" or front-facing version of the site, it shows up at the bottom.

I think it makes more sense to have it at the top, as it's displayed on the back-end version for me.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. All registries are automatically displayed in the order of our partnership. Since Theknot.com owns the Newlywed/Cash Fund, it will always be displayed after our partner retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

However you can organize your items in a custom order on your wish list, by updating your Registry Settings: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    Please note; before moving forward with the options below. You have to have a wedding website with us. Otherwise you won’t be able to sort your gifts.

Steps below:
    1. Log into your membership www.theknot.com
    2. Once you’re logged in Click on this link: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    3. Scroll down to Your Gifts under ‘Gift Sort Order’ select ‘Arrange gifts in my preferred…

3. Newlywed Fund disappearing from view on Wedding Website

Hi!

Our Tech team at The Knot is aware that quite a few of our couples have noticed their Newlywed Fund disappearing from view on their wedding website registry page. I am so very sorry if this is happening on your account. We have been looking at this urgently since it was reported last week, and the team is looking forward to pushing a solution out later this week. As soon as we have a fix for all accounts, I will send out another update so you can check your accounts fresh.

Again, we are very sorry if this is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We received word today that the disappearing Newlywed Fund profiles has been resolved. A refresh was pushed and we trust that all of you are now seeing your Newlywed Fund when viewing your wedding website as a guest.

Do let me know if you have any other questions on this. We appreciate your patience – and each of you for reporting this so promptly. The flow of hearing from our members really does help our Team prioritize fixes on the site.

xoxo,
    Keri

4. Update to your JCPenney registry on The Knot

Dear JCPenney Registrants,

We're reaching out to inform you that as of April 1, 2018, your Guests' view of your JCPenney registry on The Knot will look slightly different. This is due to the conclusion of JCPenney's partnership with The Knot. We will be removing all synced JCPenney registry items and instead providing a single link for guests to view your registry on JCPenney.com. This means that JCPenney will appear as a manually added registry and their individual items will no longer be available on your registry link or your wedding website page.

We sincerely apologize in advance for any…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear JCPenney Registrants,

We’re reaching out to inform you that as of April 1, 2018, your Guests’ view of your JCPenney registry on The Knot will look slightly different. This is due to the conclusion of JCPenney’s partnership with The Knot. We will be removing all synced JCPenney registry items and instead providing a single link for guests to view your registry on JCPenney.com. This means that JCPenney will appear as a manually added registry and their individual items will no longer be available on your registry link or your wedding website page.

We sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

5. Are donations to me income and taxable ?

Are donations to my honeymoon account considered income and therefore taxable ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Charities

I was looking through the charities, and I have to say that I was honestly really disappointed to see Planned Parenthood among the organizations that The Knot donates to. I don't know if you're aware of the controversy regarding the sale of human body parts, but if you would like to read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/07/planned-parenthood-under-investigation-by-justice-department-over-sale-fetal-tissue.html
    Planned Parenthood has also been known to actually harm the women that they say they're helping. I know it may sound cliche, but as a former fetus, I also have to say that I strongly disagree with the fact that Planned Parenthood makes large amounts of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out on this very sensitive topic. I hope you found that our list of charities does list a variety of worthy groups that meet the desires and needs of a large cross section of our couples that use our site. I do appreciate you have concerns on this charity provider being pro-choice, and other members may have concerns on charities that may support pro-life movements as well. We want to make sure we are open to all couples, no matter where they land on these very important issues.

Your feedback is being heard, I do promise you this. However, for now this charity provider will remain on our site as our 2018 selections have been established. We will revisit all of our charities for the 2019 year and we will make sure this feedback is part of that discussion.

Thank you,…

7. Bed Bath & Beyond (buybuyBaby) Registry Items Not Appearing

We're sorry that the issues with your Bed Bath & Beyond or buybuy Baby registries are still occurring. As with any partnership, we rely on our retailers to provide adequate details so that our system can display your chosen registry items as expected. Our management team has escalated this issue to executives at BBB, and we have been assured that finding a fix for this issue is a priority for their team as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your continued patience. We have added you to a forum topic about this so that as soon as it…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your Bed Bath & Beyond or buybuy Baby registry has been fixed. The individual items on your registry should be showing as expected now.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

XOXO – Krista O.
    Customer Experience Team

8. Make the site more user friendly

Make a registry settings page, it takes a long time to figure out how to delete registries. "Display Settings" is not intuitive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PLEASE Add Military Charities

I understand that users can't choose registry charities that aren't on your list. But please, please, please consider adding military, veteran, first responder, etc. organizations to your options in the near future. With over 100 options, it blows my mind that there's not a single military charity.

My fiance and many of our family members served in the military, and this would be the perfect opportunity to support all of them. Would it be that difficult to add just one? I sincerely hope you take the time to do this and support the people that fight for our freedom and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner I Do Foundation. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Charities & Registry

I think it's awful that you offer zero charities for veterans or active duty military support. Consider how many couples you have that are military families. I'm really disappointed with the lack of options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner I Do Foundation. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Add a link from the wedding registry back to the full page of the couple.

Add a link from the wedding registry back to the full page of the couple. I lost the webpage address so I am relying on google to find their page and get the hotel listing for the wedding. The Registry is the only page that comes up on Google and I have no way of getting to the rest of their webpage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The option you’re inquiring about is available. However the couple has the option to hide their wedding website from their registry page, and only display their registries. If you’re only finding the couples registry page on Google, it’s possible the couple opted to have their wedding website hidden from Google search. We apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately what you’re inquiring about are tools that can be adjusted by the account holder.

For additional information regarding the couple please email us at Help@theknot.com or contact the couple directly for more information.

XO,
    Meuy

12. Kohl's Registry changing on 10/10/16.

Dear Kohl's Registrants,

We're reaching out to inform you that as of October 10th, 2016, your Guests' view of your Kohl's registry on The Knot will look slightly different. This is due to the conclusion of Kohl's partnership with The Knot. We will be removing all synced Kohl's registry items and instead providing a link for Guests to click out and shop your registry directly on Kohls.com. This means that Kohl's will appear as a manually added registry and their individual items will no longer be available on your registry link or your wedding website page.

We sincerely apologize in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Kohl’s Registrants,

We’re reaching out to inform you that as of October 10th, 2016, your Guests’ view of your Kohl’s registry on The Knot will look slightly different. This is due to the conclusion of Kohl’s partnership with The Knot. We will be removing all synced Kohl’s registry items (pictures of the items) and instead providing a link for Guests to click out and shop your registry directly on Kohls.com. This means that Kohl’s will appear as a manually added registry and their individual items will no longer be available on your registry link or your wedding website page.

We sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.

XOXO,
    The Knot Registry Service Team

13. Select the order of how my registries display on my registry page

I would love the ability to decide which registries are displayed first, second, third, etc. on my registry page. I would prefer that my favorite vendors are displayed at the top of the page, and the others go beneath that. I worry that my guests aren't going to see my favorite store's registry because it has automatically fallen to the bottom of the page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. All registries are automatically displayed in the order of our partnership. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

14. Ability to add to the Registry, a optional note

Instead of the note listing thats under the box, the bride and groom should be able to add a little note that says if they would like monetary gifts only. Or a box where they can add little message that suggest monetary gifts only with a nice poem, I think that if it was optional where the bride and groom could add a little nice poem or whatever they like to that section it would nice

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our Wedding Websites you can share a note on your Registry page. We also have the new cash registry, Newlywed Fund, that will allow you to tell your guests exactly why you are asking for each item. ENJOY!

xoxo,
    Keri

15. Ability for guests to donate money for a down payment for a house?

We'd like our guests to be able to donate money to for a down payment for a house on our wedding website but there doesn't seem to be a way. Paypal or someway like that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

16. Cant find registry company

We are looking to have Lowes be our one and only registry, but i dont see anything for them on your site or thiers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace Traveler's Joy with Honeyfund as the honeymoon funding partner.

Replace Traveler's Joy with Honeyfund! After starting my registry on Honeyfund and realizing it didn't automatically populate, I switched to Traveler's Joy (big mistake.) Not only is their backend tougher to use, the website templates they give you are disappointing (small icons and text, hard to read even for someone in their 20's, and look cheap.) The problems continue when The Knot registry tries to pull in the items I listed on the registry. Images are different sizes, the font is too small, there are no headings so people will likely have to really search to see what they're giving…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Website Typo

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that "Tongs" is misspelled as "Tonga" on your ultimate wedding registry checklist. Took me a few minutes to figure out what it was! :)
    https://www.theknot.com/registry/wedding-registry-checklist

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove Gift Reminder for RSVP

I personally find it to be a bit tacky to remind guests to buy a gift after they RSVP. If they want to purchase one, the registry link is there. However, by setting up a reminder for them, it feels a bit pushy. I wish I could choose to turn off that feature.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Target Registry Not Linking to my Account

Hi Everyone - This is Keri here at The Knot and The Bump.

Target has informed us that the registries you are creating with them are not linking correctly to our accounts on The Knot and The Bump as of today (12/22). They are working with our Tech team to fix the issue on the information they are sending forward and we really hope to see a fix in place before the holiday weekend. Thanks for your patience! We are excited to have your guests find your registry as soon as possible.

Happy Holidays!
    Keri

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base