The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better

Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better. On the website i enter the number of guests i'm approximating and the filter never works to only give the number I enter. It would be nice if i could choose multiple approximate guest numbers as well since my numbers aren't set in stone. This feature works on the app on my phone, but then it doesn't allow me to restrict to within so many miles of the city i have entered. This is very frustrating when searching through hundreds of venues.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter

Just curious, what's the point of having a filter if it doesn't filter anything? I have a very small budget for my wedding, and so I chose $ for the cost of a venue. Why does it still show me 500+ venues that are $$-$$$$???? I'm not wasting my time scrolling through every venue you have on your site. I'll go find somewhere else to research. Thanks, bye.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our venues choose which pricing category they’d like to be listed under. So there is not a set price point for affordable, moderate, etc. rather the venue chooses to list themselves based on their rates and other rates in the area. It is a way for us to share with you price variations in a specific market. This is a great way to start off but as you narrow down your search some venues have pricing pdfs available on their storefront for more specific pricing details.

If you have any other questions please let us know. You can also email us at help@theknot.com.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Extended Roles in Wedding Party Section

When clicking on the roles in the wedding party, I saw no "Best Woman" option. I don't have a Best Man, I have a Best Woman. I am a groom and don't want a maid or matron of honor. There is a groomswoman option which i think is great for the women in my party but it would be even better to have a "Best Woman" option.

I opted out of filling this section of the website out and created a new one in "Details" to accommodate the lack of options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Local Vendors] "Allows outside caterers" filter isn't working.

Although there is an filtering option for searching venues to check for "allows outside caterers" it isn't working. I checked it, and still most of the venues listed did not allow outside caterers. You should fix this; what good is having a filter if it doesn't actually, you know, filter?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Ideas + Etiquette] Add a drop down menu to further filter results page.

When you go to an advice & etiquette landing page, there is no way to filter the results. It would be great to have a menu to further refine/find the specific articles you're looking for.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Filters] "Apply" button on the filters is difficult to access.

Hey - It's Jen Davidson - Fashion Director at XO
    On the FILTER tool on fashion galleries, we need to have the APPLY button located at the bottom (or best yet) at the bottom and top. You have to scroll all the way back up to the top to apply your search criteria once you make your selections. I demo'd the product to five clients today alone and every single client made this comment. I had the same sentiment, but it was also shared by the clients so I think that's compelling.
    And may I add - you KICK ***…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [Filters] It would be helpful to search dress gallery designers by size range.

With an extended bridal party of lovely and diverse women, the dress designer who doesn't discriminate between a size 6, 16, or 26, will get business.

Body shaming is passé, yet some retailers haven't quite got the message yet. If we can't find the correct sizes, search options like color, length, and cost, mean absolutely nothing. The Knot could do planners a favor by adding this critical option to the gallery searches.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base