The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give me an option to turn off automatic reminders!!!

How do I turn off the automatic reminders that get sent to my guests to RSVP?! I’m mortified and horrified this is automatic AND that there is no way to turn them off. My fiancé added the guests emails and I didn’t know (though I can see it being useful for ME to easily send my guests a reminder via the Knot.) and neither of us knew that by adding in guests emails they would get automatic reminders!! But we have allowed guests to send back their enclosed RSVP cards OR rsvp via our knot website. Some guests are getting…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. The guests have an opportunity to sign up to receive this email in two places on our site. Either when they visit your registry page, or when they RSVP for your event. The guest is asked if they want to receive a 30 day reminder email and they then have to choose to enter their email address. This is not an email address we gain any other way, other than the guest entering it. They will only receive this one email reminder from us and no other marketing goes out to them unless they sign up as a member.

I hope this helps you know where this is coming from. Not all guests will receive the email since not all guests choose to sign up for the reminder.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our contact email address…

2. Website changes to Guest List Manager -

The new change of ONLY being able to see the guest list by household and NOT being able to organize it by a guest's RSVP is VERY frustrating and limiting to the usability of the manager.

It's also VERY unappreciated that this change came unannounced. I am getting married in less than two weeks, and having this change implemented at this point in time is very frustrating. Yes, I was able to export my contact list, but it also means that I'll be that much less likely to use The Knot from here on forth.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you visit the Guest List Manager on desktop, we do offer the ability to import your list from a spreadsheet or your contacts file on your PC. I hope you were already able to find this, but if not, let us know and we can help show this to you.

xoxo,
    Keri

4. Is there a way to add to already made households

So I imported couples through excel. I did not add family's of people, so I am going back in now and adding children (mouths to feed) to each household. Unfortunately I am not seeing a way to open a household and add members to each household. To do that, I have to add a new person, then go in and edit them to add them to a pre-existing household. Also had people with the same names but at different addresses, because they are different people, but it merged them and I had to go back and find who it deleted…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, you are doing this the only way the system will allow it. We do not have a clean way to add people to an existing household in bulk. This is a big ask though, and we really are hoping that we can find a solution to this in the near future.

Your details here will help our team know this continues to be a priority. Thank you!

xoxo,
    Keri

5. Have an option for us that requires our guests to enter their email, phone, and/or address

Can we have the option that requires our guests to enter their email, address, or/and phone number in order to RSVP?

It looks like someone who we don't know submitted an RSVP and we have no way of contacting them; also, we would like our guest's address/phone number/email in case we need to contact them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

We have made great efforts to make sure our RSVP tool is going to work for our members and for your events. There are a few things to keep in mind before you set up your website with your RSVP enabled. Let’s go through these together:
    Secure RSVP vs Open RSVP:
    Secure RSVP gives you a privacy option that will ONLY ALLOW NAMED GUESTS to RSVP on your wedding website. You will need to add all names to your Guest List Manager, and the guest will have to type in their name exactly as you have it listed. For example: If you enter Michael Rogers as a guest and he tries to RSVP as Mike Rogers, he will get an error. Most of the time people with names like this will try their formal name, but it will be good for you to keep in mind in…

6. Australian App that is compatible to the new one

Australian version on the new app that has taken over the Knot.
    I can no longer access the The Knot app due to it being upgraded and cannot access my Guest List on the go unless I have the app which is unfortunately only available in the US App Store.
    If this could be changed so as the new App becomes available to Australian customers that would be fantastic!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you reaching out about using apps from The Knot in networks outside of the US. We do know we have a number of members and guests that use these features and we are always very happy the site can be useful for everyone.

Unfortunately, our App upgrades are not built with international networks in mind. The Knot does focus on providing details for weddings within the United States right now, and while we are always looking for ways to expand this reach, it is a slow process.

Now that Guest Book app is being retired and our members are asked to move over to Planner app, you may find that your access is not available through the app.

You can use a desktop or mobile web to log into your account directly. If you are in the AU network you will want to log in using this…

7. Alphabetize Guest List

Please allow an option for guest list on the website to be alphabetized. I am constantly scrolling up and down trying to find a guest's name.
    Suggestion: Indent the +1s under the main guest's name so that they're easily identifiable, instead of them lining them up with everyone else's.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. With the upgraded guestlist, you don't have the option to view accepted/declined RSVPs at a glance.

Adding the option, like there was before to see a running total of accepted and declines and invited numbers for each event that has been created.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to email some/all guests

I would like the ability to email some or all my guests. I want the ability to send emails to update guests on parking, weather, or whatever I need to at the last minute in case they are not checking the website.

I also want to be able to email select guests only (e.g.- those who have RSVP'd "yes", those RSVP'd "no", those who did not respond with their addresses, etc. I should be able to select names and email them through the website.

What's the point of having a place for emails in the guest manager if we cannot…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Guest List Manager was an awful experience for me. It was very confusing. In theory ANYONE who got onto my site could have RSVped

More than half of my guests entered their name and hit RSVP. There was no way of assuring that it was the same name I entered. This created a lot of doubles for me.There was no way of creating a file of just the RSVP yes replies to print into a file.
    In addition ..... ANYONE, uninvited guests, or total strangers who gained access to our wedding site could have RSVPed. Apparently it was possible for my guests to add whomever they wished. I had no way of controlling it on my end. Hopefully I did not miscount >:(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here is a bit more information about our RSVP function that may help you as you continue your planning.
    We are excited to offer a new and improved version of the RSVP tool this year! We are hopeful that many of the changes that were recently added will make your RSVP process easier for you and your guests.
    Now available – a private/secure RSVP process. In your dashboard, go to the RSVP menu and you can secure your list so ONLY INVITED GUESTS can submit an RSVP. YAY! This is truly a win for all members and we are so excited this is available for you now. You are required to upload a guest list to enable this feature. If you do not have a guest list that needs to be limited, you can keep this turned off so everyone that…

11. The new guest list looks good but there are no totals anymore?? I'd love to see a total column.

The new guest list looks good but there are no totals anymore?? I'd love to see a total column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very excited about the new Guest List Manager also! When you are in your Manager, click on Event Summary. The totals are available here so that you have them for each event in its own place.

Enjoy the new Guest List!
    XOXO
    Keri

12. The new guet list manager is amazing!

Thank you for the household view update!! It couldn't have come at a better time! Right before I need to send out my invitations. This makes it so much easier!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Address Export

When I export my guest list, the address lines, city, state, ZIP, and country all export into the same cell. I wish these remained separate fields, so I could upload the excel document into my invitation template.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for visiting! When exporting your Guest List Manager, the addresses are broken into 6 different cells. The addresses are no longer exported onto one line, but multiple lines. See examples below:

Street Address 1
    Street Address 2 (Unit/Apt#)
    City
    State/Province
    Zip/Postal Code
    Country

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our customer service email is Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

14. I love that I can sort by party in the app. It makes no sense that I can't sort that way online.

It's great that I can sort by Party in the app. It makes no sense at all that I can't do that online. What's more, it doesn't make sense that adding someone to a party doesn't give you the option to import that existing address. I don't need The Knot to tell me the spouse of someone is missing an address if their address is already attached to a party leader.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. RSVP notes not showing in the guest manager

When a guest responds using the guest manager and also adds a note it doesn't save the note anywhere and is only seen in the email.

It would be great if the note was saved in the note section of the guest in the guest manager so everything is in one place rather than having information in emails and guest manager.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  46 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If you you try to delete one guest from an event it automatically deletes from ALL events - This makes it hard to add and remove guests

If I uploaded a list and then decide that xyz should be removed from a specific event (Engagement Party) yet you still want them to come to the Wedding - that shouldn't be an issue. Why is it so complicated or what am I missing?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sending in this feedback. The guest list manager should allow you to remove the guest from just one event. I am doing some testing and it is working on another account. If you upload your list again into your account, send us an email at help@theknot.com, Attn: Keri – and I will look at your account specifically and do some testing with you to make sure we have that resolved.

Talk soon.
    Keri

17. Restrict guests from adding their own invitees to your guest list

Some guests recently added their own (uninvited) guests to my guest list and RSVP'd for them. It put my fiancé and I in a super awkward situation. It would be great if there was a feature where we could restrict guests from adding their own invitees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new guest list manager is lacking a lot of the features the old version had. For instance being able to sort by group/Brides family vs G

The new guest list manager is lacking a lot of the features the old version had. For instance being able to sort by group/Brides family vs Grooms family. Also, the view is extremely unorganized. In the old guest list manger you could see easily distinguish between parties. Are any updates coming?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't "archive" information if it cannot be retrieved

I input many addresses into the guest list manager and referred back to that list often. After our wedding, I tried to access the information only to find out our guest list had been "archived." When I went to download the information, it turned out to be nothing but a BLANK excel spreadsheet. I would have appreciated an email or some form of contact letting me know the information was going to be archived before it happened. And if it isn't in fact archived, tell me it's going to be deleted. Don't give customers false hope in the form of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base