The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pricing

Many of the price ranges listed for your vendors are way off. For instance Greg Brett Photography is listed as starting $1000-$1999 when in reality their starting most basic packages are $2950. This has happened several times. Its incredibly frustrating to do all of the research, find vendors you like, take the time to reach out and send emails only to hear back that the pricing is way off. If they were out of my price range, I never would have taken the time to research in the first place. I thought the knot was going to be the go-to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our venues choose which pricing category they’d like to be listed under. So there is not a set price point for affordable, moderate, etc. rather the venue chooses to list themselves based on their rates and other rates in the area. It is a way for us to share with you price variations in a specific market. This is a great way to start off but as you narrow down your search some venues have pricing pdfs available on their storefront for more specific pricing details.

If you have any other questions please email us at help@theknot.com.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. I'm using a DJ that is not on your list, can you please add him?

http://www.jmnightlife.com/

He did one of my friend's weddings and was fantastic and we've booked him for ours. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You now have the ability to enter all of your vendors in your Checklist so you have an accurate record of who you are contracted with. From here, our teams are looking into making sure all vendors are given opportunity to have a free or paid advertisement on our site.

XOXO,
    Keri

3. Oh no! I just made a fool of myself!

When you are researching and reaching out to vendors, eventually The Knot will ask if you would like to reach out to 5 additional vendors with similar levels of service. This is a great service so I clicked to accept. However, I'm one of those people that instead of sending out the generic "I found you on The Knot and would like additional information" message, I try to personalize the messages so that the vendor knows that I am serious in my inquiry. When I saw this button, I thought that The Knot would send me suggestions of vendors to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

4. Fix your review system PLEASE!!!!

Been trying to leave a review for over 30 minutes! Keeps asking me to log in when I already am.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include catering on vendors list

Not sure why catering is not a part of your local vendor search. This would be extremely helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bride recommended

Is it possible that brides would be able to add their own suggestions and photographers to get in contact with you on the website? I assume you charge a fee for the advertising but would it be possible for brides to add some highly recommended people. Using the knot as my first place to find local people I find in a smaller community it is difficult to use your website. I would appreciate being able to add my own recommendations for future brides. I understand the business side of things as well though.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Many of our vendors are free advertiser and do not pay to be listed. We rely on our brides leaving real reviews by all vendors so that the information is passed forward to the next bride. Feel free to leave a review if you have interacted with a vendor that you see on our site. It will be helpful, as you have mentioned, to see recommendations from all our brides.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

7. company review

On the Atlanta area Pristine Chapel in Jonesboro Ga is the best. Professional and Personable Staff www.pristinechapel.com 678-565-2900. W. Hill

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Knot should feature the Cosmetics Bar of Collingswoood, NJ

Kris Anthony is a wonderful makeup artist at a small, but not insignificant, beauty shop and make-up bar called, The Cosmetics Bar. He should be given five stars too for his personal attention to each client served!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why do I get your site when I put in weddings.com?

I am a transportation vendor with 15 passenger vans that are used for many events surrounding a wedding. From picking up guests at the airport to arranging transportation for bachelor/bachelorette events, rehearsal dinners and the Big Event.
    There is no category for my services on wedding.com and I do not know, as I said above, if you are affiliated. So, whomever you are, is there any way to put in a category for "Van Transportation"? It might sound unusual to you but we do many weddings. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

HI and thanks for writing in about this!

I just visited weddings.com and The Knot did not load. Are you still experiencing this?

Thanks for letting us know!

Krista

10. [Reviews] Local Vendors- Report bad vendors

I was a bride who found a local vendor on your website theknot.com and the vendor turned out to be horrible. Moda Floral in Sacramento was the florist I hired and she canceled her services 4 days before my wedding and kept my $3600 that I had already paid. How often does theknot.com review their vendor listings to verify if they are worthy to advertise. So people like me do not get scammed on the most important day of their life.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Jetaport will not let me submit or request a quote

Jetaport through the Knot will not let me request a quote

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Armstrong Diamonds - liar and thief

armstrong diamonds - she is a liar and a theif. i wouldn't promote her if i were you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [Local Vendors] I'd like a place that centralizes vendor messages.

I can't locate any of my messages that I have sent to vendors, and the help function serves zero purpose! Navigating this website is terrible, had I known The Knot was going to mess with it so much, I wouldn't have relied so much on this site to help me plan my wedding. Please change it back to the way it was, the better way.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So excited to say that our INBOX feature for vendor messaging is now in place. You can find this in your dashboard after you log into the site. Thank you for your feedback – it truly helped our team know this was a priority.

Thanks!
    Keri

14. [Local Vendors] I'm unable to only search for local vendors in my area.

When I log in using my email & password I've been taken to different accounts. Different names & wedding details/ideas pop up. I usually have to log off and back in several times. I can't find anything.

Every time I try to do a search for local vendors the page loads for vendors in New York City. Why am I seeing this? I live in St. Louis, am getting married in St. Louis, & entered this info when I created the account. When I type St. Louis into the search box the page never loads. When I try to refresh…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It looks like the photo gallery for dress vendors aren't displaying properly

I'm trying to scroll through these galleries but the photos don't always appear and/or display underneath "about this vendor". I tried Carol Hannah and Houton. I can't seamlessly look through the photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Local Vendors] I'd like to add vendor information that is not currently listed on The Knot.

I'd like to be able to add vendor information for my vendors that don't currently have listings, that way I could keep all their contact information in one place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base