The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [General] The New Website is terrible.

The new website is terrible. I have had nothing but difficulty! The guest list manager is the absolute worst, and 90% of the time it doesn't even load. I met with my florist today, expecting to load all of my favorites on my phone, which I have easily done in the past with other vendors, but it kept saying that I don't have anything saved yet. This has been incredibly inconvenient. I am looking to begin using a different planning website. I really wish The Knot would go back to the old format. I agree with all of the other…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Racist and Bigoted Company's

I do not think you should support bigoted or raciest companys in your listing! I listed with your company when I was married 5 years ago and it was great. BUT you should not stand for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [General] Bring back the old website

I cannot stand this new site. I was coming to the knot almost daily and now I haven't been on in months because of the change. Nothing ever loads or works properly, it's poorly designed, and difficult to navigate. I was so excited when I got engaged to be able to sign up for the knot finally, and now as I am currently wedding planning, I never want to use it anymore. Please have an option for switching back to the old format. You will make many a bride happy!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am so unhappy with this new site

Every time I log in I have to reset my password because it does not recognize it. This has been a terrible user experience. I am very annoyed now that on my invites I was going to use the Knot for RSVP' but I am now considering ordering new invites to avoid having to use this website.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [General] I miss the old "My Knot" menu dropdown.

It was so easy before to just use that drop down from any page I was on to get back to all my tools. In general the new website takes too many clicks to get where I want, instead of it all being available easily. The few options not in the 'more' along the top bar are things I've already done, and are very limited considering how many different things go into a wedding. I don't think the old website was cluttered at all and I don't understand why it was changed. I would like an option to just use…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inappropriate song on Mother Son Wedding Dance songs

"Mother" by Danzig is NOT an appropriate song for a wedding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S4Ymixkllk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Magazine] I'm disappointed with the new magazine.

I bought the new magazine and as I started reading it I realized I had read it before and when looking back, its the same magazine as the one that had come out a few months ago, just a new cover...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [General] The new website is borderline sexist.

This new website blows. As the groom, I have been using this website extensively, and found its Guest Manager and Website tools to be extraordinarily useful. I've accepted the fact that the wedding industry caters almost exclusively to females. Therefore, the number of articles and other features targeted towards men will be minuscule. After the website changed, however, I am unable to find anything on The Knot that is intended of a male audience. I find this disappointing, but not surprising.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [General] I wish there was an iPad app.

I wish the app for iPads and tablets was a separate app and not just the iPhone app zoomed in. It's not easy to navigate and isn't as user-friendly as it could be. It makes wedding planning harder, not easier!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. [Community] Footer covers up reply box and post button on tablet.

Margin of blank space below footer. And if I want to participate in the community I can't on my tablet. Footer is covering reply box and post button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [General] The Knot should be more conducive to same-sex weddings.

I am in a lesbian relationship and getting married in May. I have been using your checklist, budgeter, and other parts of your website, and for the most part it is very helpful. However, one complaint I have is that I have to modify everything to remove the "groom" aspect and restructure it for two brides. It seems like this would be a fairly simple fix of having an alternative checklist for same-*** couples, probably one for men and one for women. I know The Knot tries to be inclusive but this is a pretty big oversight in terms of…

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. good design!

much more innovative and inviting! easy to find things!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We couldn’t be happier that you are enjoying the direction of The Knot Beta.

We’re constantly improving The Knot Beta so come back soon and check out our progress.

Thanks again!
    Katie

14. [General] There are limited planning tools for destination weddings.

I love the knot site but it limits you when attempting to plan a destination wedding. I've had to create boards and notes on a separate website to keep track.. which is also annoying not being able to have everything on 1 website..

Another thing I haven't seem to be able to do, is write extra notes/information regarding vendors or venues because its limited to America..

On the wedding website, I'm not able to put in a map because I'm forced to but in a US city/state...

Can you please expand on international options? Even if its just maps or…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for sending your feedback on The Knot !

We really appreciate hearing your thoughts on destination weddings and international features. It helps us prioritize things. If you have any specific ideas on the notes functionality you mentioned, definitely feel free to send them along!

In the mean time, check out The Knot’s Top 50 Destination Wedding Spots – https://www.theknot.com/content/best-destination-wedding-locations

Thanks again!
    Krista

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base