The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Budgeter recommened amounts should update when you delete something

I am skipping a lot of traditional wedding expenses, so when I delete items off the list in the Budgeter, I wish it would update the recommended amounts under the remaining budget items. For example, I am not having a wedding planner, and if I delete this item or enter "$0.00", I wish the tool would automatically allocate the recommended amount for a planner to other items on the list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate your reporting this over to us. Our Product Team for the Ultimate Checklist/Budgeter does know this is an issue and we will be focused on getting this updated toward the middle of 2017. Your feedback is key in helping them know this is an issue our members want to see corrected.

We hope you can find ways to use and enjoy the product in the meantime.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Sperate Timeline/Checklist and Budgeter

I loved using the budgeter feature until the recent update that changed format of the budgeter to incorporate the timeline/checklist. I am having difficulty finding items and cannot see the suggested item budgets. Please bring back the old format!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really do appreciate your feedback. This new Ultimate Checklist is new for everyone and as we know with all change comes a period of adjustment.

The budget suggestions are found in the details in each item. When you are in the checklist, click on Budgeter. Then on the right of each item, open the menu (3 dots). The right side of your screen will open with the details of that items, the suggested spend and you can then enter what you actually spend on that item.

We are so excited to have these features all in one place – something other members have been asking us to do for many years. We hope you will give it a chance and see that it can work for you and your wedding planning.

XOXO,
    Keri

3. 10,000 is not inexpensive for a venue

Maybe the venues shouldnt get to pick which budget they go under ($-$$$$$) since they will choose the lowest amount just to be seen even to people who cannot afford them. Trying to plan a wedding on 4000 is not easy when I can see all these beautiful venues I would love to rent but can't.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Our venues choose which pricing category they’d like to be listed under. So there is not a set price point for affordable, moderate, etc. rather the venue chooses to list themselves based on their rates and other rates in the area. It is a way for us to share with you price variations in a specific market. This is a great way to start off but as you narrow down your search some venues have pricing pdfs available on their storefront for more specific pricing details.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

I am seeing that this has been fixed/updated already. Please make sure to clear your cache and cookies before attempting to access your wedding website.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

Unfortunately our website does not support Windows 10/Microsoft Edge at this time.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

5. Tipping

I think that it should be noted on The Knot that you should also tip your caterer and your baker. They deserve recognition too. The amount of hours invested into preparing a great meal in that volume, is certainly worthy of a tip. Owners will typically share the tip with the staff. The person who makes the cake and delivers it is so very important as well. That is a delicate piece of pastry.
    There are 2 main items that people will remember, Food and DJ. If the food or DJ is great, they be happy and have a fabulous…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate this feedback as well. The articles written by The Knot do intend to include caterers and bakers in those that are setting up/delivering products and we do address tipping these vendors. But we will look at how this can be a bit more prominent in the future.

Take care,
    Keri

6. Problem with ad

Hi! I have been having trouble using the budgeter tool, because a Misaka ad continues to block my view. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Budgeter] When I enter in "$0" in a category, it doesn't save.

When I enter in "$0" in a category and press save, it doesn't actually save it. It just replaces it with the suggested amount.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Budgeter] I have ideas for the future Budgeter.

I think the new look of the site is great. It feels more organized and the design is cleaner and easier to understand. This makes for a much better user experience. I would just like to comment on some functionality when you do update the Budgeter tool. It would be great if once you put in an "actual" amount, it would re-calculate and recommend how to re-organize the budget. For example, the Budgeter is recommending spending $500 on my wedding band. However, I know my wedding band is going to cost at least $1000. It would be great if I…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtful feedback on the future Budgeter.

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the Budgeter and other future tool improvements. If you would be interested in scheduling a 30 minute feedback session, please contact me directly at ideas@xogrp.com.

If you’d like to access your old budgeter, please make sure you are logged in to The Knot. Then, go directly to: http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-budget.

Thanks again!

Krista

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base