The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reception line - please!

As a guest, I've just attended my second wedding where I never got to meet the couple (as in, I have never been introduced to them, ever). Please encourage brides and grooms to ensure that there is a reception line or an early opportunity (leaving the church or entering the reception room) to greet and thank each of their guests. Guests spend time shopping for you and traveling to and attending the wedding and reception. Some of your guests (like me and several at our reception table) are older and cannot stay until the end of the dancing to meet…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

2. Wedding Program format

On your "What do you include on there ceremony?" suggestion page, there is a variety of different ceremony types. However, there is nothing for Episcopal ceremonies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. I am glad you found the article at: https://www.theknot.com/content/what-should-the-wedding-program-include

The list provided is mentioned as some examples of the program types, but it definitely is not all inclusive. We are always trying to bring a broad range of styles and religious styles to these articles, but unfortunately, we can’t cover everything every time. I will make sure the editorial team has your comments so when they are scheduled to update this article they can look into adding Episcopal ceremonies in their updates.

XOXO,
    Keri

3. Personal Songs - Sharing a Resource

Hello, I wanted to share a unique gift idea with your audience. My daughter who recently got married had a custom song made by company called Downwrite. They apparently have a number of artists and you can choose an artist to write your personal song. Here's their website: https://www.downwrite.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We love hearing about other vendors.

If you’d like your vendor to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please ask them to sign up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. The link will walk your vendor through the process of getting their business up on the site.

Or they can send us an email at theknotprohelp@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about the business, service area, and how we can contact them (phone and email preferred). A local sales rep will be contacting the vendor within 24-48 business hours.

XOXO,
    Meuy

4. search ideas

What happened to the search function? Actually - in general, I hate your redesign, but I especially hate that I can't find the search box anymore. Since "browsing" your articles doesn't seem to show them in any particular order, it takes forever to find particular topics of interest. Bring back the search bar please!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

5. Error in the article " 45 Wedding Ceremony Prelude Songs"......

#38 "The Wedding Song" [by The Band??]
    I think Y'all meant, a song by same name
    but it's a completely different Tune/Artist
    "The Wedding song...(There is Love)" By Noel Paul Stookey
    from the band> Peter, Paul & Mary here's a you tube link
    https://youtu.be/aZbhrO4IEtI

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Elopement!

My FH and I already had a vacation planned with a group of our close friends prior to getting engaged. The trip is in the BVI, and how beautiful would it be to get married there? We're thinking of surprising our friends and eloping at the end of the trip. We have been debating elopement because we will be paying for our wedding ourselves and would rather put our savings toward a new home together. I'd love to see a piece on elopement/surprise weddings, and whether or not it is appropriate to throw a post-elope celebration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Doing Q & A's where people can actually submit questions and get feedback?

Here's my idea: I have a very specific question, about ideas and etiquette for my specific wedding. I keep trying to look at a bunch of different pages on your website but I can't find answers to all of my questions that all kind of work together. So my idea is to have A question and answer section where a person looking at your website can ask specific questions about their weddings get your responses and the lady that can help other people as well as the person asking the question

Let's take, for example, my questions. My wedding is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out about your wedding. We find that couples get married on all days of the week for many reasons. Here are a few answers to your questions and I hope this helps a bit.

Typically, save the dates are sent 6-7 months before your event, and invitations 6-8 weeks before. This gives time for the guests to make flight arrangements and hotel reservations. The time of day your wedding is held is really between you and the venue. If you think most people want to fly in late on Saturday or early Sunday, then maybe an evening wedding is best, but if everyone is going to be there by Friday/Saturday to enjoy the weekend, then you have the time in your hands.

There isn’t anything that says you have to provide a day before activity, but if you want to include more guests in your rehearsal dinner,…

8. please provide tips

Please give brides advice to requests guests to turn off cell phones during the wedding ceremony. Phones held in the air for picture taking & flashes were distracting and handicapped my photographer. I should have thought of that but, unfortunately, did not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [Ideas + Ettiquette] Not every bride changes her last name.

Its 2015. Not all women will take their husband's name after the wedding and it would be nice for The Knot to recognize that.

Before you encourage women to change their last name, perhaps you should write a blog post on how hard it is to resume your maiden name should you get divorced or become widowed.

Maybe you can pull up some statistics on how many women keep their maiden name and legitimate reasons to do so instead of the constant emails reminding me to do so if I haven't already.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New idea for a useful tool!

I think somebody should make an app or a tool to let you play around with colors/styles on your wedding party. Like it should default to some people of different shapes and sizes and allow the user to "dress them up." I really want to have my guys in jeans and a black shirt, and the girls in boots and shorter dresses, but I want to make sure it looks good together. I haven't found a tool like that and somebody could probably even make some money off of it. Just throwing it out there since The Knot is the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Ideas & Etiquette] The Knot should write more about how to handle difficult scenarios or include member stories.

Food for thought. We are in our mid 50's. Our wedding was going to be simple, elegant and fun. Lakes side ceremony and reception with after party at our home. My husband was in a car accident four days before our wedding and broke his leg in 2 places. Thankful that he was okay but my life and dream of a bride disappeared into taking care of him, cancelling so many things. I didn't even want to wear my dress. With the help of family and friends we did something simple in our backyard scaled way down. I wore my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [Ideas + Etiquette] Can you feature Wedding do-overs?

Can you feature Wedding do-overs? Like if a couple got married at city hall and decided to do a bigger wedding years later? A chance to have the wedding that they dreamed about?!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save the DATE Cards - Should be Save the DATES

Please do not use "Save-The-Date" cards/announcements with ONE day (usually the wedding date) if there are numerous events guests may be required or asked to attend. For example: Out of state/country guests plan for a one-day event, book travel arrangements only to find out there is a rehearsal dinner on Day #1, wedding on Day #2 and a brunch on Day #3. Obviously, communication should be happening in advance, but it isn't and " in advance" is subjective. The goal is to participate and support the couple if able to do so. The earlier guests are aware of an event,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. [Advice + Etiquette] I miss the list of article titles, the thumbnails are hard to scan.

I guess that the new site works if you want to do a keyword search, but if you want to know what information is available to you, for example, if a potential problem hasn't even occurred to you yet, then there are pages and page of these thumbnails to go through. I have an incredibly hard time finding anything. There were many categories of articles provided under the wedding planning category before, and I'm not even sure where all of them went. The new site might look prettier, but I find it less useful.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Destination wedding photo page not working

The link to go to destination wedding photos comes up with 404 and cant find the page. Just a heads up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base