The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Timeline feature

The notes field in the timeline section does not allow for spacing. This field should allow text formatting so that the notes can be clear and separated out. For example, it's suggested to put the procession order as a note, but it makes you put it in paragraph form with no line spacing option. Being able to add line spacing, bullets, bold, italics, etc. would be helpful. I ended up not being able to use this feature due to the limitations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to add a plus one, you can't edit an exsisting guest and simply add a plus one.

The options for single, couple and household should not only be when you create a guest but also when you edit one. It is a pain to have to delete and re-add just to put in an Unknown plus one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notify when something has been purchased from the registry

Notifications! TheKnot should notify (via email or other alert) when something has been purchased from your registry, especially if it's a one-off item that was added using the "Add to The Knot" button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

5. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add suggested budget amounts based on total budget

It would be really helpful to me if when I put my total budget into the Budgeter tool it would offer some suggested budget amounts for each category based on the total budget that could then be customized. For example, if my total wedding budget is 15,000 you could suggest having X amount for photography, X amount for catering, X amount for venue, etc. Then let people customize or edit the budget from there. I know everyone's priorities will be different, but it would really be nice to have a general budget to start from based on your total budget.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

7. The Checklist would be SO much more helpful/useful if I could share it with the groom/bridesmaids/mom, and assign them tasks to complete.

The Checklist would be SO much more helpful/useful if I could share it with the groom/bridesmaids/mom, and assign them tasks to complete.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deleted meal options

Hi all!
    I need some help.
    I can only see the total number of meals ordered but not the individual meals chosen by guests. Next to the guest names where it shows that they RSVPed, their meal choice now says no response. I know that most of my guests have chosen something to eat. I need to have this information for my wedding planner. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? See picture for reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back old guest list search filter

The search bar no longer filters down results only show matching guests, it only highlights the search query so that you have to scroll through your entire quest list.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

11. banner picture

why do the couple's names and the date of the wedding automatically populate in only center alignment on the site banner picture without the option to 'hide' them-- an option found on almost every other section of the site?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please provide a check both for Save the Date sent

You already provide boxes for invitation and thank you card sent, but, not Save the Dates. Since this is a popular item to send, it seems like you would offer that. I had to track my Save the Dates on a spreadsheet rather than the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

13. Guest Book - Reorder list

I would like to be able to click and drag the order of my guest lists.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring Back the old Guest List Manager

The Guest List manager must've recently had an update - before, when I clicked on Accepted, I got a list of only the people who accepted (same for No Response, or Declined). Now it just bolds their response and I have to scroll around. Same thing when searching for a guest - it used to take me straight to that guest, and now it bolds their name and I have to scroll to find it! Not a fan of the update, please bring back the user friendly version of the Guest List.

Also, there's not a way to change the…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vendor Soliciting 5 Star Reviews

I was unsure of where else to post something like this but wanted others planning their wedding or event to be weary of a certain vendor soliciting reviews for "expedited" services. Pure Platinum in Mahwah NJ solicits 5 star reviews in order to dupe customers into thinking they will receive photos or video footage early only to be threatened with lawsuits and holding event photos *******. I did not go with this company after meeting due to the rudeness of one employee (James) and also because of the awful things I heard about them from a friend who used them…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have "Accept" or "Decline" rather than a checkmark or an X.

Customizable would be ideal, but I'm afraid that the X and checkmark options might be confusing. I'd like it to say "Accepts with Pleasure" or "Declines with Regret" or something along those lines.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

17. Please change the Guest back to when you click on 'declined' 'accepted' or 'no response' it only shows that category not just highlights

Honestly this new way is terrible and I'm going to miss someone who has declined or not RSVPs.

212 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Provide separate RSVP titles for other event RSVP. Other event RSVPs should not state Wedding above the form.

When clicking an RSVP button for “other event” (whatever it may be) the new page should state the tile of the evnt and not Wedding. Also there should be a way to collect, contacts into other events and not just Wedding. It’s confusing for all guests.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it easier to find save or hearted items

I can’t find my hearted dresses anywhere, which makes it so difficult and extremely time consuming to have to look for my dresses and save them to a different website.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Guest List Contact Information

First - LOVE this feature!!!
    A couple of things:
    1. It would be great if the guest we sent the link to can add their family member as well.
    2. The app is able to categorize the contact information but the website cannot which is strange to me.
    3. Can we send save the date?
    4. Does the wedding invites have an option for them to add the name of their guests?

Thank you so much for making my life so much easier :)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base