TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update your Tipping cheat sheet!!

Tipping reception Staff and anyone who works your wedding is not optional. It is protocol. This is false info.

When you see this on a contract it is only because catering companies, restaurants, rental companies, florists, planners, etc. do not pay their employees very much money. And they want you to pay the rest for them.

The Knot needs to make it known to people outside of the industry that it is industry protocol to tip all staff. Unless they ruined your day, gratuity is expected. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it needs to be something.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send this over. Can you email us at help@theknot.com with the link where you found this reference? I would love to review with our Editorial team and make sure the right information is being displayed.

Thanks!
      Keri

• "Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, allowing guests to text photos to online gallery

"Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, which allows guests to text photos directly to an online gallery phone number. No login or app install is needed.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Ideas for The Knot LookBook App

It would be great to add the following categories to The Knot LookBook App:

-flower bouquets and arrangements, with filters for: what's in season in your area, types of bouquets, by flower type (with the option to select multiple flowers)

-wedding decor

-search colour schemes, it would be neat to be able to select a colour scheme and see a flow of images pertaining to that from bridesmaid dresses to decor ect.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Great ideas! I will send this forward to our team today to make sure they have this under review.

We hope you enjoy many other areas of our site and the apps available in the meantime.

XO,
          Keri

• The Knot should offer guest an opportunity to, congratulate couples, and share their memorable stories.

Either a close friend or family member could compose these messages for a surprise presentation to the bride and grooms at their reception. It would also be very helpful for guest who may not be able to come to the wedding. It would give all the guest and opportunity to share their memories instead of just the best man and maid of honor.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Decor Designer/Room Sketcher

Being able to have a blue print/sketcher to actually draw the dimensions of the floor and place the tables in and tablecloths and table runners and centerpieces to see your reception and/or ceremony venue come to life before you purchase everything and then not like it

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea. We are continuing to work on a seating chart for our guest list manager, but I agree that being able to see the colors and decor would be lovely. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our product designers for them to take into consideration in the future.

XO,
              Keri

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base