What's your idea for The Knot?

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature.

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature. Being able to view how many bride vs groom parties were there, number of invitations would need to be sent (parties rather than individuals), etc. was very helpful. As of right now, I'd have to go down my wedding guest list and manually count the unique addresses when trying to determine how many invitations, stamps, etc need to be ordered.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KatieKatie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  KeriAdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if there were more fields for tracking guests such as:
        Adult/Child and age if under 21 (some places charge less for children and non-drinkers)
        Bride or Groom's side
        A list or B list
        What "circle" they are in (family, friends, college, work, etc)
        Are they part of the wedding party (bride, groom, brides maid, best man, etc)

Even if you gave us like 10 custom fields to make our own forms/spread sheets to import. There are a few things we are tracking that are not on your guest list manager.

than

• Cacia TippleCacia Tipple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to sort guests by Party Leader. Perhaps a drop down or expand feature when you click on the party leaders name that would allow you to see all guests under that individual. It is also cumbersome to add guests into a party after someone has provided their contact info. It would be nice to be able to add to a party after it has been created instead of having to input each individual and then search for a party from the drop down list.

Also as people provide their info via the collection feature it doubles up as another guest instead of updating their information from an uploaded spreadsheet. I deleted my entire guest list and will have to go back through to see who has provided info and who hasn't in two different programs.

• StephanieStephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the former version of the guest list manager before it was switched over. I absolutely do not like the new version at all. It isn't organized and has different names from different parties all over the place, and there is no way to change how they are listed or shown. It seems like all of the options that used to be there are gone. I can't even find out where to print the list anymore. I find it way more of a hassle to manage the guest list at all anymore. I love the looks and style of the website more than any other, but unfortunately I switched my guest list over to WeddingWire.com because it is far easier to play with and manage.

• CarrieCarrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring it back! I can't tell anything from looking at the new Guest List Manager. It literally looks like I'm sending 82 invitations when it's really more like 40-something!

• BreBre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of my guests were somehow separated into their own separate parties, it gives me an error message when I try to group them back together, when I do have them grouped together, it still shows each individual person rather than the head of the party, and there is no summary!!! Why did you have to change it? The old one was great! I don't even want to keep using your guest list and am going to find something else. My opinion: don't fix what isn't broken, and the old guest list manager, was PERFECT!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base